Junior HR Partner 2021
We believe in ‘Technology for Good’ – in improving lives through education and research. Our people want to make a real change – at Jisc, everyone plays a key role and gets the chance to feel part of it, that to us is the definition of a meaningful career. Being a social enterprise means that no matter how small our individual actions are, the positive impact on our collective is huge.
We’re gearing up for our most exciting chapter yet – one with the chance to both build new systems and make our mark by improving old ones. Our story will be written by those ready to take on challenges and see them through; the kind of people who never stop learning, celebrating differences and using it to drive better solutions.
We know that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job if they think they can’t tick every box. But we realise the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist. If you're excited about working for us and can do most of what we are looking for, go ahead and apply. You could be exactly what we need! We’re ideally looking for someone with:
- A HR advisory background within a high volume, fast paced, customer focussed environment
- Experience advising managers on a range of HR policies and cases, including absence management, performance management, parental leave and consultations
- Experience of HR projects
- A collaborative approach to team working
- The ability to make a confident and credible impact
About the role
Our HR team’s core belief is that the employee experience should match our member and customer’s experience. We exist to empower our people to be their best every day, helping realise potential through identifying, growing and retaining diverse talent, embracing education and technology. Every team member has a role to play in achieving this aim and we work collaboratively across the team to ensure we deliver to the business.
As one of our HR partners, you’ll work proactively with people managers in your area, managing employee relations and wellbeing matters that are escalated from HR operations, providing professional advice and guidance whilst adopting a solution focused approach. You’ll be raring to take your first step into the partnering world, to use your coaching skills to support the development of people managers, and to be involved in supporting the roll out of directorate and organisational wide projects.
Why work at Jisc?
We want to make sure our people have the flexibility they need to balance their personal lives and do well at work. So, we focus on outputs rather than presenteeism and are open to a whole range of ways of working including flexible hours and working from home where possible.
We are always learning and developing. All our people have access to a huge variety of learning resources to help them achieve this.
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays and 3 additional days Christmas closure) and flexible agile working
- A range of health & wellbeing benefits, including cash plan, and access to wellbeing support
- You have the option to join our generous pension scheme
- We offer a wide range of discounts, a cycle to work scheme, financial wellbeing savings and season ticket loans as well as a range of other benefits
- We also offer generous parental leave arrangements, career breaks and volunteer leave
Connecting with each other is a doddle, thanks to our technology, but getting face to face is something we value and is essential in this role, so you may need to travel frequently. Our main offices are in Bristol, Harwell, London and Manchester.
Other stuff you need to know
At Jisc we celebrate diversity and know that it is critical for our success. We work hard to make sure we’re inclusive. So, if you are great at what you do and share our values, we want to hear from you.
If you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best, let us know. We will be happy to help.
Just so you know, we review CV’s as we receive them, and interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match (usually within a week). We don’t use closing dates. So, please apply as soon as possible to avoid missing out on this role. This role was first advertised on 16 June 2021.