Graduate Specification Technologist 2021
Due to business growth we have an exciting new opportunity for a bright graduate to join our highly progressive technical team at our head office Malton site.
We will develop you into this specialist role involving the delivery of detailed and accurate customer, raw material and packaging specifications to meet the high standards and requirements set by our customers. This will involve communicating across various departments to gather the required information, updating retailer systems, and attending regular technical meetings.
- Generating specifications in an agreed format to meet customer deadlines. This will include:
- Customer specification
- Raw material specification
- Packaging specifications
- Butchery and processing specifications
- Quality attribute sheets
- Maintain signed and agreed raw material specifications for all products produced at site and ensure these are regularly reviewed and updated where necessary
- Ensure all products produced by the butchery and processing departments are produced to agreed and documented specifications to meet customer requirements
- Maintain the specifications files with the most current, up to date specification
- Provide the factory teams with the approved and current manufacturing specifications
- Building relationships with internal teams in the business to help deliver results
- Working closely with the site technical manager, ensuring appropriate sign-off is obtained from them and the site operations director for any changes to specifications
- Obtaining artwork and ensuring sign-off as required to meet deadlines
- Producing safety data information for finished products and raw materials
- Attending and contributing to technical meetings
- Logging on daily to our customers' technical libraries, advising technical manager of any changes and updates
- Managing the launch of packs for each product, customer and launch
- Attending customer meetings, as required, ensuring all information is accessible and professionally presented
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Graduate in food science, food technology or equivalent
- Experience of working in the chilled food sector is a preference
- Experience of retailer specification systems
- Sound understanding of HACCP and quality systems
- Understanding of BRC requirements
- Good communication skills with the capability to communicate confidently
- Good team working skills with ability to work independently
- Displays strong attention to detail and ability to report accurately
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and a 'Right First Time' attitude
- Presentation skills and an ability to present information confidently and professionally
- High levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical awareness
- Determined and resilient, with the drive to complete tasks
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 33 days holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,000 employees over 13 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.
Karro is part of the Eight Fifty Group which with the acquisitions of Youngs and Greenland Seafood is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses, with sites across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Germany and France and sales of circa £1.9 billion.