Graduate Estimator Cardiff 2024
We are looking for a Graduate Estimator to join our Construction Team based in Cardiff.
What will you be responsible for?
As a Graduate Estimator you'll be supporting to deliver outstanding construction projects whilst harnessing our strategic capabilities in modern methods of construction and digital construction to help clients meet their decarbonisation goals.
Your day to day will include:
- Measuring and assessing work undertaken and then submit detailed, accurate, and timely applications for payment
- Reporting the financial and contractual situation of the sub-contractors/suppliers responsible
- Checking that any sub-contractors are procured to the programmes and that agreements are robust
How does the graduate scheme work?
When you join, you will be enrolled onto our graduate scheme. The programme will take 2 years to complete and has been designed to equip you with the skills you need to excel in your chosen profession and help you achieve professional membership or chartership.
What are we looking for?
We do not have any grade requirements, but we do ask that you have a degree in Construction Management or an equivalent.
The role of Graduate Estimator is great for you if you:
- Have a degree in Construction Management or equivalent
- Can work collaboratively as part of a wider team
- Punctual, self-motivated, and willing to learn
- You must hold a full UK driving licence
For this role you'll also have to have completed, or due to complete your degree by September 2024.
We're all about finding potential here at Kier, and transferrable skills are always welcome! So even if you don't tick every box, please apply and we can have a chat.
Rewards and benefits
We're proud to be able to offer our brilliant people a wide variety of benefits that you can tailor to your needs. You can see more information of benefits here.
Diversity and inclusion
Making Kier a diverse and inclusive place to work is a huge priority for us. We're proud of the steps we've taken so far, but we know we must always do more. Our employees are key in shaping Kier's diversity and inclusion initiatives and our people have made a huge impact on how we work, by using their experiences to shape our policies.
- October 2023: Initial applications
- November 2023: Video interviews
- January 2024 onwards: Assessment centres