Quantity Surveyor Industrial Placement Cardiff 2024
We're looking for an Industrial Placement Quantity Surveyor to join our Kier Construction Team based in Cardiff.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain real world experience in a leading construction and infrastructure services company on one of our placement programmes. It's the perfect opportunity to develop your skills, support your degree and future career.
What will you get up to on your placement?
As an Industrial Placement Quantity Surveyor you'll have the chance to put your learnings into practice and immerse yourself into the working world.
You'll work closely with the team to support our work with public sector and blue-chip organisations to deliver outstanding construction projects whilst harnessing our strategic capabilities in modern methods of construction and digital construction to help clients meet their decarbonisation goals. As a placement student, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting in the commercial resources of the assigned project to maximise planned gross profit
- Assessing, reviewing, and mitigating commercial and contractual risks and value work executed by sub-contractors.
What are we looking for?
The role of Industrial Placement Quantity Surveyor is great for you if you:
- Are completing a degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent
- Can work collaboratively as part of a wider team
- Punctual, self-motivated, and willing to learn
We're all about finding potential here at Kier, and transferrable skills are always welcome! So even if you don't tick every box, please apply and we can have a chat.
Rewards and benefits
We're proud to be able to offer our brilliant people a wide variety of benefits that you can tailor to your needs. You can see more information of benefits here.
Diversity and inclusion
Making Kier a diverse and inclusive place to work is a huge priority for us. We're proud of the steps we've taken so far, but we know we must always do more. Our employees are key in shaping Kier's diversity and inclusion initiatives and our people have made a huge impact on how we work, by using their experiences to shape our policies.
- October 2023: Initial applications
- November 2023: Video interviews
- January 2024 onwards: Assessment centres