Data Science Intern
Your role within our Kingdom
If you want to improve the experience of King’s 300 million+ players across our network of games and help us to further understand, model, predict, segment, monetise and retain those customers, then this may be the right opportunity for you. You will be part of the community of 80+ business intelligence & analytics experts at King, while working on a daily basis in smaller teams of 5-8 people within the studio.
Specifically, as a data scientist intern, you will:
- Use your quantitative and data mining skills to monitor and report on the performance of the studio’s games
- Work with business performance managers to solve performance and data problems and identify new opportunities and trends
- Translate business needs to technical requirements and experiments
- Evaluate experiments and game releases to identify and evangelise new best practices across the organisation
- Proactively develop new analyses, models and data-driven tools to better understand our players behaviour and the performance of our games
Skills to create thrills
With a passion for games, you will be strong in quantitative analysis, statistics or mathematics, have programming skills and an interest in drawing business insights from data. You will need to demonstrate the ability to learn quickly and work in a fast pace and collaborative environment whilst communicating your findings effectively..
Other requirements include:
- Pursuing a degree in computer science, statistics, math, analytics or equivalent
- Preferred experience dealing with large, real-world datasets (SQL)
- Some knowledge of statistical analyses
- Experience with data mining, clustering, segmentation
- Some programming skills in languages such as Java, R, Python, etc.
- Able to use Excel for analytical purposes.