Electrical Engineer Industrial Placement 2022
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
About the role
We are looking for the next generation of talented Electrical Engineers to join our Electronics Design Team for 9-12 months as an Industrial Placement student as part of a university degree from Summer 2022. Working within a dedicated project team you will undertake design tasks while being mentored by senior engineers. Varied engineering tasks including circuit design, modeling, simulation, PCB layout, system test, verification, EMC analysis and testing will be undertaken.
Responsibilities and Opportunities of the role
- Gain experience of working within a multi-disciplined design team on complex Aerospace and Defence projects
- Take ownership of design tasks within a large project
- Develop innovative electrical solutions to meet customer specifications
- Integrate electrical controls with mechanical and pneumatic systems
Requirements for the Role
- A minimum of 3 A-Levels (or equivalent qualification) with grades of A, B, B or above (including Maths)
- Pursuing a degree in either Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or Physics with a predicted final grade of 2:1 or 1st
- A passion for engineering and technology and a desire for a rewarding career in the engineering and technology industry
Whilst not essential, the following experience would be useful
- Design, prototyping and testing of analogue and digital circuits
- Use of Altium Designer or similar package for schematic capture and PCB design
- Modeling using LTSpice or similar package
- Use of laboratory test equipment such as oscilloscopes, signal generators, spectrum analysers.
- Programing experience including Arduino, LabVIEW, VHDL
What we can offer you
- A challenging and exciting environment working on state-of-the-art technology for key defence and security projects
- Working on real world scenarios
- Experience of working alongside, and learning from, experienced Engineers and extensive on-the-job technical training
- The possibility of a graduate job offer on successful completion of your industrial placement
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Half day Fridays
- Free car parking
- Life Assurance
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws.