Graduate Principal Dose Analyst 2021
At Labcorp Drug Development, we are working together to build a healthier and safer world, we exist to help our customers secure the potential of their research and develop products that enhance and enrich life. We are looking for a Principal Study Analyst to undertake analysis of formulation and inhalation samples at our site at Alconbury, Cambridgeshire.
As a Principal Analyst at Labcorp Drug Development your main responsibilities will be to:
- Undertake routine analysis of samples for Dose Formulation Analysis studies and conduct analytical method validation.
- Assist in analytical method development.
- Check analytical data.
- Take responsibility for the data produced on assigned studies.
- Develop an understanding of the role and duties of a Study Director.
- Supervise junior staff where applicable.
Other duties include
- Develop or improve existing analytical methodology under the guidance of senior Dose Formulation Analysis personnel
- Develop a working knowledge of all Formulation & Inhalation Analysis analytical techniques and instrumentation
- Undertake method validation
- Analyse samples for Formulation & Inhalation Analysis studies
- Prepare formal analytical methods
- Accept responsibility for the data produced on assigned studies
- Monitor results obtained for assigned studies and ensure that samples requiring confirmation of result are reanalysed in a timely manner
- Regularly update Dose Formulation Analysis study management and the Study Director on the status of assigned studies
- Check analytical data in a timely manner for assigned studies
- Prepare draft reports for assigned studies
- Develop an understanding of the duties and role of a Study Director
- Take responsibility for day-to-day work of a junior staff member within the section, if required
- Assist in the training of new staff in analytical techniques and instrumentation
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of UK and international GLP regulations and their application to the work area
- Maintain an in depth knowledge and understanding of all Company and Department SOP’s relevant to the work area
- Report any difficulty, uncertainty or unexpected finding to senior Dose Formulation Analysis personnel
- A Principal Analyst will fulfil any other duties within their competence and experience, which may be required by the Company
- Labcorp Drug Development offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health cover and contributory pension.
- Our ongoing success offers team members unsurpassed growth and career development opportunities.
- As a global company we can support your development and career aspirations every step of the way.
- Degree in (Bio)Chem or equivalent
- A significant number of years experience in Analytical Chemistry techniques and instrumentation.
- Experience of working in a GLP and GCP environment.
- The post holder should be able to communicate effectively at all levels and integrate well within an established and fast growing team.