Buying Graduate Management Programme 2021
Our Buyers play a major role in influencing every aspect of the range of goods that we offer to our customers: from which products we sell, to the way they look and taste, developing our supply base and continuing to drive our market-leading position. Our buyers define the success of our business!
The Buying Graduate Management Programme will take you through an intense, challenging but incredibly rewarding two years of structured development. You'll experience everything from working in our stores, to negotiating products and contracts, all on an international scale.
During the first year of this programme, you will rotate through three key areas of the business and experience regional training, insight into the Buying department, undertake category management training and build a complete understanding of our business. In your second year, you will embark on a specialist route, taking on individual responsibility for a category and honing your expertise.
This role offers the long-term scope to become a permanent Assistant Buying Manager with opportunities for further long-term progression. This programme is a 23-month contract.
What you'll do
- Show curiosity about how the buying processes works
- Make decisions and think on your feet
- Demonstrate an ability to challenge and negotiate
- Be confident building and maintaining new and existing relationships
- Use your sharp analytical skills along with the ability to identify trends, forecast sales and analyse data to support commercial decisions
- Drive to succeed and deliver outstanding results
- Work as part of a team and independently
- Experience working in a fast paced, challenging environment and develop yourself in a demanding and dynamic environment
What you'll need
- A 2:2 degree or above in any discipline by September 2021 or within the last 4 years
- Possession of a full UK driving licence by September 2021
- Already live - or happy to relocate - within a one-hour commute of Lidl GB Head Office
- German language skills desirable but not essential
- Be passionate about the food retail industry
- Be assertive and confident in your communication skills
- Strong numeracy skills
What you'll receive
This isn't getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career. We're proud to offer a competitive salary of £37,000 with an additional non-contractual 10% London weighting, company car and a generous holiday allowance. Save for your future with our pension scheme, or save today with an in-store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure our teams can manage application levels while maintaining a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.