Programme Office Placement 2022
An exciting 12 month placement for students studying a degree which includes a year in employment.
A placement within the Programme Office will enable participants to engage with the core Programme Control competencies including; risk, cost, schedule and proposal management.
Risk management spans disciplines including managing risks and opportunities within assigned programme(s); facilitating at internal and external risk reviews and brainstorms and conducting risk analysis to help determine programme’s risk exposures and tolerances.
Cost control spans disciplines such as; Earned Value Management, Control Account & Work Package Management, Management Reserve, Programme Office Directives, Budgets and cost & variance reporting.
Schedule management will include baselining, maintaining and statusing a linked schedule and understanding the role of scheduling within the Earned Value Management system.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Good verbal and written communications
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong inter-personal skills indicating an aptitude for independence and leadership combined with ability for working in a team environment.
- A self-starter.
This vacancy requires all successful candidates to be processed for a HM Government security clearance, which stipulates, at a minimum, that the applicant must have been a resident in the UK for at least the last five years.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
- Knowledge of additional functional areas such as engineering, manufacturing and production control would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project or similar scheduling tool
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.