Supply Chain Industrial Placement Manchester 2022
How do you transfer millions of products from factories across the globe to the shelves of our retailers? It’s a complex and fascinating operation, and as a L'Oréal Supply Chain and Operations Intern you’ll be helping to sharpen and improve the process across our multi-national operation.
What you'll do
You’ll be expected to liaise with third parties, keep track of our stock levels and make sure that when a customer decides to buy from us, our high-quality products arrive on time, in-full, and are sat on the shelf waiting for them.
- Liaising with European factories, international third-party suppliers and other teams internally to maximise product availability.
- Communicating between subcontracting/third party teams to bring marketing ideas to life and ensure promotions go to plan.
- Working closely with Customer Supply Chain teams in the UK to understand the required stock levels and therefore accurately forecast the potential of our products and maximise service levels to our customers.
- Contributing to the improved performance of our Distribution Centres and driving continuous improvements within Supply Chain innovation.
- Leading an important project (such as Christmas Gifting activity).
- Management of daily reporting for various teams.
- Management & reduction of slow-moving stocks.
- Month end & ad-hoc reporting on stock, service levels and forecast accuracy.
- Building and developing relationships with customers to understand their requirements and resolve any operational issues which may occur.
- Analysing any gaps in our processes and working towards improved efficiency and reporting.
- Ensuring L’Oréal quality standards are adhered to.
What you'll have
In order to be successful in this role you will need to have:
- A logical and rational mindset; the ability to simplify complex problems, offering clear solutions and being able to explain them to a side variety of audiences
- A technical mind, but keen to work within the heart of a business
- Numerate and PC literate: in particular good Excel skills
- Great interpersonal skills – we’re a BIG team so there’s lots of people to meet. You’ll need the ability to work closely with a variety of different departments and stakeholders
Who you are
- Eligible to work in the UK
- In your second year at University on a course which enables you to take an Industrial Placement Year (unfortunately if you have already graduated you are not eligible).
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.
Once you click apply you will be asked some questions to check you are eligible for this role. These will questions around your current situation, whether you’re happy with the salary, location etc.
If you are eligible to apply you will then be sent a link via email to a Competency Assessment. In this we would like you to answer three competency questions, two written and one via video. Although there is no time limit on this the quicker you get it finished the quicker we can continue to move you through the process! The video element of the assessment is translated into a text and scored, so please don’t worry what you look like, just worry about what you’re saying!
If you have met our benchmark we will then send you some cognitive tests to complete. These will be sent via an email link and will give us a great idea on your numerical ability as well as testing you in a few other areas. Remember practise makes perfect so make sure you’re prepared when you give these a go!
We will then do a final review of your entire application and if successful, invite you to an Assessment Centre. Please be patient with us, sometimes it can take a few weeks before your application gets reviewed.
Our Assessment Centres this year will all be completely virtual; they will be running from when applications open until the roles are filled. These Assessment Centres are specific to function, so please be patient if you don’t get invited straight away – it might just be because your function’s Assessment Centre date isn’t until later on in the recruitment period!
Please note, if you apply for more than one role you will be put forward for the one we deem most suitable for you. If you have a strong preference, please only apply to that one role to ensure you are considered for the correct role.