Junior Constructional Designer 2021
We are building a brand that represents the people of the world. It’s what you do that counts, and we are always looking to expand perspectives and voices to shape our future.
We see you, we celebrate you, we want you!
Who we are
You might know us as the inventors of the bath bomb, but there’s more to this great-smelling, partly employee-owned, family-run company than pioneering cosmetics. We believe our business should put more back into the world than it takes and demonstrate that capitalism can be a force for good. We put our people first and fight cruel practices like animal testing, promote regeneration, and show that it is what’s inside that counts - whether that’s an ingredient in a product, or the minerals in a smartphone.
Supporting the Packaging and Product Design Team on creating new packaging from gifts to product packaging, shop sundries, non-cosmetic product development, and display assets.
You will be trained to develop, draw and prepare technical drawings and files that are developed in-house, always with a focus on technical skill, delivering solutions that are ‘fit for purpose’ and in line with ethical standards and the brand, manufacturing, and/or retail workflows.
You will be crossing paths with design teams, product inventors, manufacturing room managers, buyers, and suppliers to communicate and execute solutions with the team that reflect the innovative approach and regenerative thinking of our business.
- Using the KASEMAKE program to create technical drawings of cardboard assets
- Working with Illustrator to access and amend files to convert into technical drawings
- Trained to use our cutting table and other technical equipment to produce samples and mock-ups
- Working with an inspired and motivated team to create innovative solutions and develop various cardboard assets and packaging items.
- Developing skills around cardboard engineering, prototyping, and testing, learning how to construct complex packaging, exploring how it assembles by testing it and how it behaves when in use, and learning how to make necessary changes
- Identifying and communicating next steps in development to the team and stakeholders
- Seeking out the best solutions for the approval process and supporting it
- Preparing and maintaining drawing files for use with Artworkers and suppliers
Skills and experience
- Some experience in technical drawing programs is beneficial but not essential
- An ability to imagine & create 2D & 3D images & drawings
- Passion for cardboard and other innovative packaging materials, their applications, environmental and economic impact, and a desire to learn more about new materials
- Ability to communicate your progress in projects
- Supreme organisational skills
- Enthusiastic approach to working as a team and the ability to drive a project forward with the team
- Curious and open-minded attitude to new ideas & exploring solutions
What’s it like working for Lush
People are at the heart of our business. We want you to enjoy and challenge yourself, build a career, and teach us what we don’t know, so we’ve created a culture where your job description is a starting point, not an end goal. Our working style is flexible, fluid, supportive, and authentic - if you’ve got the drive to push yourself and try different things, you will have our support.
You can find more information here - weare.lush.com
- 50% discount on Lush products and spa treatments
- Bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
- Day off for weekday birthdays
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted rail and bus season tickets
- Employee assistance programme
- 6 months’ full pay for parental leave (primary caregiver)
- Financial childcare support on return to work
- Flexible working
- We’re 10% Employee Owned, our colleagues have the opportunity to influence positive change in the business and have their voice heard
- Support groups, film nights, yoga, meditation sessions and much more
If all this sounds like you, please send us your CV and covering letter, detailing why you want to become a part of the cosmetic revolution.