Graduate Transport Planner 2021
Project Centre is a leading design, engineering and landscape architecture consultancy that is passionate about designing places for the people that use them. We offer a range of services focused on providing our clients with the very best planning, design and engineering solutions. Our approach to integrated design produces award winning results that have won international recognition.
Led by a forward thinking management team we work together in multi-disciplinary teams that provide services that are well thought-out and sustainable.
Project Centre is part of the NSL group of companies that employs over 5,000 people worldwide.
For a fourth year in a row Project Centre Limited with be running it's fantastic Graduate Programme, which gives aspiring Engineers and Designs the opportunity to see all aspects of an award winning design consultancy, with the end result in them joining one of our teams as a Junior Engineer. This role will provide you with the opportunity to deliver projects from inception (what can we do to make things better?) to construction (how do we build this and what will it look like?).
There are many stages in-between and many specialisms required to develop a project; from collection and analysis of baseline data to production of design options, complex computer modelling, detailed design, specification of materials, construction phasing etc. etc. There are a long list of roles required to move a project from “I think we need to improve this” to a finished product.
A bit about the role:
- To assist in the delivery of a range of projects relating to one or more of PCL’s service offers including transportation planning, traffic engineering, highway design, public realm design, landscape architecture, parking management or urban regeneration;
- Provide technical input to projects and deliver high-quality outputs
- To work for and across service areas undertaking site surveys, analysing complex data, managing project tasks and preparing technical designs relating to the delivery of multi-disciplinary projects;
- Work closely with team members and other Project Centre staff.
- Adhere to PCL Quality Assurance systems and procedures.
- To actively pursue on the job and formal training opportunities that complement PCL business needs and your personal development plan;
- Respond to customer requests (internal and external) and ensure that their needs are met.
- Be flexible - carry out any duties as and when required to assist in the operations of PCL.
- Relevant Degree or equivalent qualifications
- Willingness to work towards membership of a professional institution
- Understanding of transport related issues
- Understanding of highways engineering
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to communicate on all levels
- Team Worker
The position comes with:
- 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Private Health Care
- Continuous training and development
- Plenty of company organised social functions