eCommerce Graduate 2021
We’re Matalan! You may know us from one of our 232 UK retail stores but over the last 18 months, we’ve experienced exceptional digital growth. We’ve invested in doubling the size of our award-winning e-commerce team and have an exciting new role to join our eCommerce team here at Matalan.
As our eCommerce Graduate/eCommerce Trading Assistant, you will work closely with our eCommerce Traders in the effective management of product ranges on our website, ensuring product is setup accurately and correctly.
If you have an interest in fashion, eCommerce, and the world of retail with a degree in perhaps mathematics/finance and/or analytical aspects then this is a great role to join our growing team and be part of a truly amazing team! If you've graduated and feel your degree has elements of this role, we would love to hear from you!
- Understand and maintain new online product ranges to maximise Sales and Profit.
- Management of product set up for new ranges, delivering the best possible experience to the customer.
- Support copywriters with writing product descriptions and work closely with wider eCommerce team to ensure we are using the correct naming conventions to boost visibility. Management of navigation structures and page filters, improving the customer journey.
- Management of on-site search redirects based on customer search terms, improving the customer journey.
- Work closely with the wider Marketing teams to ensure trade supports all campaigns from launch to analysis.
- Review and progress the online availability of new product ranges in conjunction with Buying & Merchandising and supplier teams.
- Work closely with Customer Service & Copywriting teams to answer any customer service queries and action any necessary changes on site.
- Analyse eCommerce KPI metrics to maximise sales opportunities.
- Review best selling products to ensure opportunities are maximised and products have good visibility throughout the site.
- Manage promotions ensuring they are launched in-line with go live dates and present on the site, app and across all marketing channels if needed.
- Develops and maintains excellent working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Complete daily, weekly and Ad Hoc reports in-line with business requirements.
- Support wider eCommerce team to implement a product recommendations strategy for new product ranges.
- Self motivated, self starter who displays self confidence and initiative.
- A proven track record of coping with multiple tasks.
- Planning and Organisational skills – utilising time and prioritising to ensure deadlines are achieved.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills – adapting to any situation presenting a positive image with a ‘can do’ attitude and approach.
- Develops self – taking a proactive approach to learning.
- Demonstrates effective team working skills.
- Hardworking and flexible attitude to work, time management skills.
- Proactive team member with excellent communication skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Commercial awareness.