Graduate Digital Design Engineer 2021
There are multiple opportunities available to join our expanding Digital Design Engineering Team as a Digital Design Engineer in our Edinburgh office.
This is an engineering position with a focus on 3D modelling and drawing using modern methods, rather than traditional drafting. It is a specialist engineering role in the 3D modelling of building services using Autodesk Revit, and includes the following main aspects:
- Delivering engineering projects in Revit
- Supporting and training engineers in Revit modelling on architectural projects
- Developing practice-wide standards and workflows with the wider Digital Design Team
You will get a chance to work on a wide range of projects run from our offices in London, Cambridge, Edinburgh, Manchester and Bristol in and across different sectors, both in the UK and internationally. You will support our engineers in delivering their projects, who have a strong sense of ownership and commitment to their work.
Whilst specialising in digital modelling of building services systems, you will have the opportunity to develop your engineering training and knowledge. Training on live projects, you will help develop and deliver the design of a wide range of architectural projects. It is essential that you have a keen interest in architecture and building services engineering design.
We value people with the ability to think analytically and creatively, adopting a first principles approach to create elegant and innovative solutions to practical engineering problems. We recruit and train people who can rise to this challenge.
This role requires a motivated team player who is keen and willing to learn. Therefore, essential personal attributes for this role include a strong sense of ownership for the work that you do. You must care about the presentation and detail of the design and have a strong desire to achieve technical excellence and completeness.
Good communication skills are vital in this role, as is an ability to build strong relationships with the engineers, and the other members of the Digital Design Team. This will be essential for building and retaining your technical expertise, whilst developing your engineering design knowledge and capability.
To qualify for this role, you should be practically minded and have a background in maths, science or engineering. Ideally you would have a qualification in one of these areas; however, we are open to receiving a broad range of applicants. Experience of working in Revit and other 3D modelling software packages would be advantageous. You should have a strong desire to work in the building design industry. If you have the skills we are looking for, we would love to hear from you.
What we Offer
- Excellent growth opportunities for your personal and career development in a knowledge driven environment
- Mentored support towards professional accreditation
- Interesting and technically challenging projects
- An inclusive culture and cooperative environment
- Opportunities for involvement in business-running activities
- Flexible working arrangements
- Competitive pay and employee bonus
- Future opportunities for Partnership
- Six weeks holiday (including Bank holidays)
- Max Fordham Pension Scheme
- Other benefits include generous paid parental leave, sick pay, and treatment pay
How to Apply
If you are interested in working with us, we are keen to hear from you. In addition to providing your CV, please apply with a conversational letter that tells us how your skills match our criteria and your interests align with our vision of a beautifully engineered net zero carbon world.
If you have any additional queries, please contact Anya Hadden at email@example.com. You will also need to demonstrate how you are eligible to work in the UK.