Cyber Security Junior Consultant London 2021
In Consulting, you will join a growing team of 300 relationship driven, strategic thinkers who take pride in the positive impact they can have on society whilst advising the boardrooms of UK and International clients across all sectors. Our Consulting teams support clients in solving business critical, complex problems through a broad range of services including risk assurance, technology advisory, business transformation, regulatory consulting and actuarial support. Our expertise ranges from financial services and insurance to retail, government and education. In a rapidly changing business world, we help clients overcome the challenges that they face today and prepare for whatever the future may hold.
The Cyber Security team provides cyber security assurance, advice and guidance to clients on all aspects to help them build and maintain a robust security environment. We identify cyber risks and work closely with clients to understand their unique set of digital opportunities and challenges, providing tailored and strategic advice and guidance. We support our clients in assessing, building and managing their cyber security capabilities, from ensuring compliance with industry regulations, and mitigating potential risks to moving them towards a more mature security posture.
As a Cyber Security Junior Consultant within the national cyber security team you will be responsible for delivering cyber security assurance and advisory work to a range of clients nationally and internationally. Our broad range of clients, including those in FTSE 350, will allow you to gain experience across a range of sectors including:
- Financial Services, Banking, Insurance and Investment
- Corporates/Private Sector/Industry & Services
- Central and Local Government
- Retail and Consumer products organisations
The role of a Cyber Security Junior Consultant is to support the team in delivering projects. This means assisting in all aspects of the project lifecycle; from the sales or ‘business development' process, to project planning, execution of fieldwork and preparation of deliverables including actively contributing to final recommendations.
You will be involved in non-client activities such as assisting with internal projects and research initiatives. As a Cyber Security Junior Consultant, your time would usually be split between working at client premises, working in the office and studying for your professional cyber security qualifications. However due to the current pandemic situation Mazars continues to work remotely only visiting the office and client sites on a restricted basis.
During your first year you will:
- Provide support to managers and supervisors on projects across various client types and service offerings;
- Learn how to undertake fieldwork using a range of tools and methods in order to support our clients (e.g. Cyber Security Maturity Assessments);
- Develop a thorough understanding of cyber security frameworks and topics, industry good practice, and applicable regulations; and
- Interact with clients' staff and build an effective rapport.
During your second year you will:
- Take more responsibility on projects;
- Begin providing your own solutions and ideas to client scenarios;
- Self-review your own work, ensuring minimal review points are raised by managers; and
- Provide guidance to less experienced team members.
As a Cyber Security Junior Consultant the typical daily duties will include:
- Research cyber security information and statistics as required;
- Responsibility for executing day to day cyber security assurance and advisory work and reviews;
- Maintaining control and stability under pressure whilst recognising the deadline or urgency to be dealt with;
- Maintaining professional working relationships with clients and your colleagues throughout fieldwork and social activities; and
- Supporting sales and business development processes by assisting in the preparation of proposals for new work.
- We're looking for someone who is seriously interested in the cyber security area, who wants to get first-hand experience in working in multiple industries with companies who need our help. We will support you every step of the way both via on the job training as well as support for attaining industry professional certifications which will enhance your career in this field.
- Interpersonal skills; the ability to build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility.
- Analytical skills; the ability to think critically, research and solve problems.
- Attention to detail and strong time-management skills.
- Commitment to self-development & learning.
- Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity.
Strong academic performance is important so we know that you're ready to take your professional qualifications. However, we understand things don't always go to plan – so if you don't meet our minimum requirements, please let us know if you have any exceptional achievements or extenuating circumstances which affected your results. We also consider your achievements in the context of your socio-economic background, so encourage you to submit your contextual information.
- 2.1 or above in any computer science degree discipline or similar
- Minimum of 112 UCAS points. This is based on the new 2017 UCAS Tariff. You can calculate your UCAS points here.
- Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
You will develop your expertise in cyber security as well as your business acumen to work with our clients to develop and implement pragmatic security solution. The experience gained will allow you to really understand how businesses across a range of sectors operate and manage cyber risk.
We will fund a comprehensive training programme which includes industry leading certifications. This includes time off to complete courses. Your professional qualification is only part of the story at Mazars; we support all of our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training.
You will be supported by a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.