IT Industrial Placement 2021
Mercedes-Benz produces some of the most iconic and luxurious Passenger Cars in the world. We are fully committed to our aim – to deliver the best, or nothing. Our people create a real customer focus whilst connecting more customers with our brand and products – this is a fantastic opportunity for you to be part of something really special.
With its head office in Milton Keynes, Mercedes-Benz is the sales and marketing organisation responsible for all Passenger Car, Truck and Van products in the UK. We market and sell our vehicles to fleets and retailers, supported by an on-going customer service plan.
We are truly a premium global brand and to help us drive the business forward, we are looking for talented students to join us in September 2020 in our IT department.
We are looking for 1 placement student to join us in our IT department to provide support to an IT Programme Manager and other stakeholders with their work to track and deliver projects in line with IT Governance standards assisting with all stages of a project implementation.
The key responsibilities of the role are as follows:-
- To support for programme team in administrative duties, including project documentation, creating presentations, plans and coordinating meetings with both the UK and German project teams.
- To assist the programme team (Project Manager, Business Analysts and Test Lead) with the coordination of testing of the new functionality of the system to ensure developments are delivered to UK requirements.
- To assist with the documentation of new processes and support documentation for a new system (Service Contracts system) ready for the rollout to the Retailer network. (Van/Truck/Passenger Cars).
- To work as part of the Programme team to produce status reporting and Steering Committee information enabling strategic decisions for the project on a monthly basis.
- To support the wider IT team with analysis of data and work with Application Managers to resolve ongoing issues.
As you grow within these roles you will start to take on more responsibility for ad-hoc projects and self-management.
You’ll be predicted a 2:1 degree in a relevant discipline (in IT, Project Management or Business Administration with an keen interest in IT Business Change Projects) and have at least 300 UCAS points. Equally important is a real passion for our brand and our industry, a proactive approach, confidence and a strong desire to succeed and be willing to ask lots of questions and challenge thinking.
Key to success at Mercedes-Benz is being able to build great relationships and demonstrate commercial acumen. If you can showcase all of these attributes and you’re seeking a placement where you’re a name and not just a number, making a real impact on real business challenges, then this could be the scheme for you.
What you can expect from us
As one of the world’s truly premium organisations, there are a fantastic range of benefits that you would associate with a company like Mercedes-Benz including:
- A 12 month full time contract
- An annual salary of £18,400 per annum
- 23 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays
- Exposure to senior managers within the business during the scheme
- Regular reviews to support your progress
Aside from the standard benefits you will receive market leading professional and personal development, you won’t just be a small cog in a big wheel, you’ll have the opportunity to make a name for yourself and help drive the business forward.