Business Operations: Resource Manager Co-ordinator Placement
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. We believe we should each find meaning in our work and we ensure employees have the freedom and the reach to help make a difference in the world.
The Microsoft Services vision is to help customers and partners realise their full potential through the accelerated adoption and productive use of Microsoft technologies. Microsoft Services goal is to be the best technical consulting business in the world, constantly delighting our customers through delivery. The Delivery Management Office and specifically, the Resource Management team, play a significant role in that vision by governing the effective resourcing of the consultant talent pool.
As a Resource Manager Co-ordinator, you will have a number of tasks each and every day. These will range from attending team meetings, building strong internal relationships, attending both Technical Delivery manager forums and Relationship Delivery Sector aligned meetings, and managing escalations. Further to your role as a Resource Manager Co-ordinator, you will publish weekly reports to the business, measuring the business performance as we progress through the fiscal year.
For this role you will need to show strong communication and teamwork skills, as working within the Resourcing team is essential. Analytical skills and problem solving are desirable, as often you shall be required to make quick decisions to solve an urgent escalation. A basic understanding of the Microsoft application stack would be good to know, although by all means is not essential.
The majority of the Resource manager Co-ordinator duties will be to support the resourcing team in the below accountabilities:
- Resource Management – Our business has over two hundred individuals, with multiple levels of experience, which all specialise in specific technologies. Your job will be to find the correct resource for each engagement, whilst ensuring that business interests are fulfilled.
- Working with Management (Cross Border) – The resource management role works closely with the management teams to ensure that our business is running as efficiently as possible at all times. This provides a huge opportunity to individuals to contribute and understand the underlying business function, an invaluable experience for many.
- EMEA Resource Management – In addition to our UK resources, we often require the support of our other subsidiaries. You will be responsible for managing this process, attending a weekly conference call with European Resource Managers. This provides the opportunity to build strong communication skills and manage international relationships.
- Subcontractor Management – Our business relies on multiple partners to support our engagements. Ensuring the correct resourcing mix is hugely important to the business, and requires careful management from the resource team. As an individual you will contribute to this process, ensuring we can achieve our suitable resource mix.
- Relationship Management - Resource management requires individuals to work with multiple stakeholders from across our business. Strong communication skills with multiple levels of individual, be it consultant or management are required. This exposes exciting opportunities to build a unique network within Microsoft.
- Statistical Analysis – In order to help our business stay on track and grow at the pace we require, you will be required to publish several reports to the business. An interest for business strategy and strong analytical skills are required.
- Subcon Reporting and Analysis – Our resourcing mix is changing. As we continue to grow, we are using more partner resources. In order to track and manage this process, you will be required to publish reports to the business, providing key data to senior management.
This role will be expected to be capable of operating in a fast paced demanding environment. A financial or economics background is desirable and collating and analyzing data is a must. They must be able to fit well into a team and demonstrate excellent maturity and communication skills. A basic understanding of the Microsoft application stack would be good to know.
- Team Player: driving digital transformation with our customers is a team sport. We need teammates who can stay focused on our customers' satisfaction while operating in a highly-collaborative and global organization.
- Growth Mindset: your life is truly about learning-it-all. You approach every new piece of information, knowledge, and competency with curiosity. Ultimately, you're open to the ideas of others, where the success of others does not diminish your own.
- Customer Obsessed: you learn about your customers and their businesses with a beginner's mind and then bring solutions that meet their needs.
- Diverse & Inclusive: You don't just value differences, you seek them out and invite them in.
- Pursuing either a bachelor’s degree with a focus in operations, logistics, business, finance, or related field
- Display skills in planning and project management
- Must be able to work independently, handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, and negotiate and collaborate effectively
- Highly analytical - ability to understand business metrics, customer, and market trends
- Strong communication, inter-personal, and cross group collaboration skills; the ability to build and deliver effective presentations working across different levels of seniority
- The aptitude to engage a wide range of internal and external stakeholders; from end users to senior management/executives
- Must be in their penultimate year of university and eligible for a 12 month internship in the UK starting July 2021
- Must have right to work for the full duration of the internship without need for sponsorship
- Industry leading healthcare
- Giving programs
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services