Graduate Techncial Author
Metaswitch is a recognised leader in the development of ultra-high-performance, cloud native communications software. This software powers the voice, data and unified communications services of more than 750 fixed, mobile and converged operators worldwide. The global rise in homeworking has created a substantially increased demand, for fast and reliable communication, which in turn has generated many new and exciting projects for our engineers to work on!
We’re incredibly proud of our company culture. We have a collaborative working environment where free and open dialog is welcome, we avoid internal politics at all costs. Our aim is to seek out the better, faster and simpler solution, while supporting, challenging and developing each other.
We are recruiting a graduate Technical Author to join our highly skilled documentation team, based in our head office in Enfield, North London.
Metaswitch have earned a reputation for exceptional customer care and our documentation is an important part of that.
Our documentation team are proactive individuals who learn fast and have a desire to share their knowledge with others. They work closely with our engineering and support teams in a friendly, supportive work environment to produce clear and concise, but technically complex, documentation for an audience primarily comprising experienced telecoms professionals.
The new author will collaborate with other authors and, over time, will take primary responsibility for solution areas. Our documentation work is varied and includes engineering and end-user documents, embedded help, API documentation and training manuals.
This role is open to graduates with an exceptional academic record, a keen interest in technology and a desire to become a Technical Author.
As a Graduate Technical Author you will:
Documentation work is extremely varied and includes opportunities to work with technical support functions and product marketing, as well as our world-class developers. After an initial training and ramp up period, you will
• use engineering documentation and discussions with subject matter experts – some of the best and brightest minds in the industry – to understand our new products and solutions
• create customer-focused technical documentation to a high standard consistent with house styles
• create and modify simple graphics, diagrams and screenshots
• publish documentation in a range of formats to several platforms
• achieve and maintain a high level of technical proficiency in a breadth of documentation and development tools and technologies
• collaborate with agile Engineering teams on efficient documentation creation, including planning, reviewing and editing Engineer written text
• investigate and fix user-raised documentation queries and issues
• peer review other authors’ work within the team.
To be successful you’ll have:
• good A-levels and a minimum of a bachelor’s degree, in any subject
• the aptitude for understanding complex technical concepts, and the capability to explain them clearly and concisely
• an interest in information presentation including style, grammar and structure
• strong attention to detail
• energy, enthusiasm, versatility and creativity
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away