UK Graduate Mechanical Engineer - Water/Wastewater 2021
Mott Macdonald Bentley are working in partnership with Welsh Water on a design and build framework to deliver both infrastructure and non-infrastructure projects across the region. As a result, we are looking for a talented Graduate Mechanical Engineer with an interest in water/wastewater industry design to join our growing team in Newport.
As a graduate in our Newport team, your role will include but not be limited to the following:
- Involvement in a project or a small portfolio of water/wastewater projects of various sizes from conception through to completion
- Prepare outline and detailed mechanical engineering designs
- Produce technical and commercial specifications, drawings and schedules
- Work in close partnership with clients and contractors
- Develop your technical and project management skills
- Deliver mechanical designs for multi-disciplinary water / wastewater schemes
- Undertake design risk assessments to support detailed design proposals
To apply for this scheme you will have achieved a 2:1 or above in Mechanical Engineering (BEng) or a post graduate qualification (MSc) and must have a strong interest in the Water sector.
We are looking for a graduate with the following characteristics:
- Methodical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail and be able to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing
Is this the right graduate role for you?
We aim to give you the experience and technical knowledge you need to progress your career.
From the moment you join us, you’ll receive the training you need. You will be assigned a chartered mentor, who will guide you to meet the objectives of your professional training agreement. We’ll also support you on your journey to gaining chartered status with your chosen institution.
What else is involved?
With our innovative graduate development portal, you will be able to effectively track and plan your personal and professional development online.
You’ll be enrolled onto 'Accelerate Your Future', a three-year programme which develops your strengths, it also gives you the opportunity to network and meet other graduates in your cohort. The programme is a mix of residential events, classroom-based learning, virtual webinars and business challenges.