Business Analyst Graduate Scheme 2024
NATS is the UK’s leading Air Navigation Service Provider (ANSP). Every year we handle 2.6 million flights and keep 250 million passengers safe whilst in UK airspace. We provide air traffic management (ATM) services to 15 airports in the UK as well as providing these services around the world spanning Europe, Middle East, Asia and North America.
We’re shaping the future of ATM through our focus on ‘advancing aviation and keeping the skies safe’ and believe that the size and diversity of our business makes us an exciting choice for undergraduates considering their future careers.
What will the Business Analyst Graduate Scheme involve?
This two-year scheme is based at our Head Office in Whiteley (Hampshire) or in our Air Traffic Control Centre in Swanwick (Hampshire) however we have adopted ‘agile working’ which will enable you, where possible, to have the opportunity and flexibility to work in our modern office facilities as well as at home.
Are you a motivated and analytical individual interested in the future of the UK skies? Do you want to develop and use your business acumen to help shape that future? Join our friendly team as a Business Analyst Graduate and kickstart your career in a unique and interesting industry.
This opportunity sits within the Technical Air Traffic Management Services directorate and during your scheme you will have the opportunity to experience the business through several different perspectives. As a Business Analyst Graduate, you will be:
- Working closely with stakeholders at various levels in the organisation to understand their needs and visions.
- Analysing both tactical and strategic business situations and helping to formulate solutions.
- Defining and clearly articulating business requirements for our projects, programmes and continuous improvement activities.
- Working within our Business Analysis community, offered opportunities for autonomy and responsibility as you progress, while staying supported every step of the way.
- Working towards a permanent position in our team and to becoming part of the next generation of Business Analysts advancing aviation and keeping the skies safe.
Throughout the scheme, you will learn about where NATS is moving to and the services required to get there.
Why choose NATS?
You’ll be working at the heart of our organisation, alongside other graduates, undergraduate students and professionals. You’ll gain valuable insight into our business and make a tangible contribution to our success. Your graduate experience will be unique to you so you can build on knowledge you have gained at university. We are committed to your personal and professional development and will help you achieve your goals.
What are we looking for?
We’re looking for a motivated, proactive and curious individual, who is enthusiastic about having an impact and will embrace the challenging targets that we’ve set ourselves over the next few years.
We are looking for individuals with:
- An analytical mindset with good attention to detail and able to understand complex business information.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Effective two-way communication skills, applying different styles and levels of detail for different audiences.
- The ability to articulate and present complicated information clearly for technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Good teamworking skills, ability to participate in group discussions and share ideas, as well as being able to follow direction when needed.
- Basic understanding of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- You will also need to have achieved a minimum of 2:2 in a relevant Engineering or Technical degree within the last two years (or be on track to graduate in 2024).
- You’ll also need to pass NATS pre-employment security clearance checks.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary - £30,000 per annum
- 28 days of holiday entitlement plus Bank Holidays
- Market-leading defined contribution pension scheme
- Opportunity to study for a fully-funded professional qualification in Business Analysis