Quality Assurance Graduate Programme 2021
An exciting opportunity to work in a fast paced environment here at Nissan Sunderland Plant. As a Quality Assurance Graduate Engineer at Nissan you will be joining the most productive car plant in the UK. During your graduate scheme you will be involved in challenging projects from metal body stamping and engine assembly right through to full vehicle build.
As with all new graduates, you will spend your first few weeks working closely with your mentor gaining insight to our production methods and gaining vital experience and a firm understanding of our business.
Initiative, confidence and a pro-active approach are essential qualities in our engineers, because you are not just responding to issues, you are looking for areas to improve, finding out how systems can operate to maximum efficiency, questioning methods and suggesting creative alternatives.
With our exceptional training and development, the guidance of experienced engineers, and your own natural ability, you’ll find yourself meeting challenges head on and dealing with all situations that arise.
What you'll need
- Must have or expect to achieve a 2:1 in a STEM related degree
- You will be expected to function at an engineer level
- Creative thinker and strong problem solving skills
- Great team member with a flexible working approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and CAD systems
- Versatile with the ability to adapt to challenging situations
- Geographically mobile
What you'll be doing
- Application and analysis of testing and inspection procedure
- Capture the voice of the customer
- Provide technical support to our production departments (mechanical/electrical)
- Quality evaluation between design drawings through to production parts and final assembly
- Use trend analysis tools to capture the performance of the product
- Lead product/process investigations in-house or in one of the hundreds of Nissan suppliers based in the UK and abroad
- Supporting and developing new model launch activities
- Being capable of taking control of your own responsibilities including time management to ensure adequate completion of tasks