Building Services Engineering Graduate Programme 2022
One Programme, Two Years, Three Secondments, Endless Opportunities
nucleargraduates is on a mission to create a diverse pipeline of future talent for the nuclear industry.
Whether your passion lies within science, engineering or business, the nucleargraduates programme will ensure that during your two years with us, you will gain an invaluable insight into the nuclear sector, taking on challenges and having the opportunity to make a real difference.
Upon completion of the two-year programme you will take up a substantive role within your sponsoring organisation. The sponsoring organisation for this opportunity is Magnox Ltd.
The Sponsoring Organisation
Magnox Ltd is a nuclear decommissioning Site Licence Company (SLC). Their mission is to safely and securely deliver our 12 sites to closure with a workforce who:
- are focused on achieving value for our customers and the taxpayer,
- are motivated to deliver the site closure programmes
- have clear future employment opportunities
Magnox Ltd is responsible for ensuring that their activities are carried out safely, securely and predictably, with due regard for the environment, to the satisfaction of the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority and in the long-term interests of the organisation, their employees, local communities and their supply chain partners.
Please note: Substantive roles with Magnox Ltd are likely to be in Scotland or North Wales.
The Role of a Building Services Engineering Graduate
As a Building Services Engineering graduate on the nucleargraduates programme you could expect to find yourself:
- Assisting in managing contracts
- Preparing designs and reports
- Deputies for senior staff as appropriate
- Working closely and under supervision of Team Leaders
- Liaising directly with clients and contractors
- Helping to ensure projects are delivered on time
- Responsible for ensuring an understanding and compliance with all Health & Safety requirements, practices, and procedures
Suitably qualified graduates would be academically prepared for the Magnox decommissioning journey, including:
- Building Design (and hence understand how to deconstruct)
- Testing and commissioning
- Energy Management/Sustainability
- Building System Design (Heating/Vent/Water/Elec/AC)
- Maintenance of Buildings
- Innovative/novel technologies
The nucleargraduates Programme
nucleargraduates is a vibrant, industry led graduate development programme featuring:
- Opportunities to collaborate with leading experts across a diverse industry on projects that have real impact
- Three secondments across the nuclear sector, providing opportunities to explore a range of careers across the industry
- Technical knowledge and professional development opportunities structured against the requirements of the relevant institutes or professional bodies
- A corporate social responsibility programme which will include sharing your knowledge and enthusiasm with the next generation of industry professionals
- Behavioural skills development opportunities