The Opinium Internship Programme will place you in the heart of London and will offer you the opportunity to get involved in all aspects of the Market Research and Insight world. This ranges from weekly fast turnaround consumer research to large strategic projects encompassing multiple research elements, with regular internal training sessions to strengthen your skillset. An internship could also introduce you to a successful career with us.
Winner of the Women in Research Best Place to Work Globally (2019), ranked one of the best SME businesses in the UK to work for women (yet to find out our ranking), and 14th best place to work overall (2020). Winner of the 2016, 2017 & 2019 MRS Best Place to Work award, The Drum Best Place to Work and other MRS awards in 2019 (including Young Researcher of the Year, Jack Tadman), and a finalist for Best Agency six times in the past 7 years at the MRS awards, Opinium is a strategic insight agency built on the belief that in a world of uncertainty and complexity, success depends on the ability to stay on the pulse of what people think, feel and do.
We are a fast-growing, service orientated independent insight agency. We pride ourselves on innovative research solutions and excellent customer service; we have an enviable list of clients and ambitious growth plans.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an established and commercially minded research intern within our fast-growing and award-winning agency, to support the thought leadership practice area. It is a 12 month internship with the potential to transition to a permanent role at the end.
This role will start remotely and then be based in London when Opinium are able to return to the office.
- Excellent analytical ability, strong numeracy skills and the ability to interpret data
- Outstanding communication skills both orally and written
- An outstanding academic record (minimum 2.1 degree grade)
- Basic research experience
- Has a strong understanding of both business and brands
- Well organised and with initiative
- Excellent client-facing ability
- A strong interest in all areas of Market Research and the ambition to get involved with all aspects of our business is essential
- A confident user of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint. (SPSS would be a bonus) Being able to learn new software is also important.
- You will be working with a small team of hard-working people, so somebody with a can-do attitude and keenness to work is essential.
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines
- An excellent eye for detail
- Enthusiastic, with a flexible ‘can-do’ attitude to work and a desire to develop and contribute to the company’s success.
It all starts with a fully comprehensive introduction to Opinium as a company and touching upon different aspects of the Market Research world. During your time at Opinium you will have full support from all team members and regular review sessions to ensure you’re maximising your learning experience with us. You will also get the opportunity to contribute to live projects and participate in the day-to-day client activities. Opinium prides itself on a warm and friendly environment with a collaborative approach.
What you’ll bring
We want individuals who have the confidence to take on new challenges with a positive attitude and can work to deadlines. We want people who can use their initiative, respond to feedback and mostly importantly, want to learn. People who are driven and want to build their skillset to enhance their career in Market Research.
If you think this role might be for you, what are you waiting for? Apply now!
- Application with short answer question
- Numerical reasoning test
- Phone interview
- Interviews with Opinium
Please note that applications may close earlier than advertised depending on response.
Please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with any part of the recruitment process. These will include online tests, phone interviews and virtual interviews. For more information please visit: https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/ask-for-adjustments-at-interview/