Human Resources Industrial Placement
Oracle is leading the digital revolution. We are empowering nearly half a million businesses across the globe to turn untapped potential into real business value. Kick-start your career with some real responsibility and an incredible learning experience. Oracle is a fast moving global organization which is constantly changing. We are offering a varied and interesting HR Intern Programme providing an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to begin their career in HR.
Join a fun and flexible workplace where you’ll enhance your skills and build a solid professional foundation. As a Human Resources intern you will:
- Be a valued member of the HR Central Team which acts as the UK employee interface. The team answer 30,000 emails and 5,000 calls from employees per annum. This team is a great starting point for gaining experience as you are exposed to a wide range of queries from employees.
- Manage a vast range of queries such as: benefit advice, reference requests, policy advice, holiday queries, leaving and joining Oracle, harmonisation following acquisition, pay, home-working, data corrections and self service support. The HR Central team also manage HR Operations relating to Mergers & Acquisitions, redundancies, job offers, sick pay and maternity pay etc.
- Work alongside the Compensation and Benefits Team (C&B) on a number of projects including pay and benefits following mergers and acquistions as well as utilising the select benefits programme.
- Assist the HR Business Partners (HRBPs) who’s role is to provide support for the business directly liaising with managers. The HRBPs are involved in a large variety of diverse projects and there will be the opportunity to assist them with this, whilst broadening your understanding of HR.
- The HRBPs continually work on Employee Relations issues and so the successful candidate will have the opportunity to sit in on grievances, disciplinaries, performance improvement processes, and redundancy processes and will witness firsthand how these processes are conducted in a real workplace.
- The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with and be coached by the HR Business Partners throughout the programme.
- Assist the HR Central Team with the induction process, helping to onboard new employees as they begin their journies at Oracle.
- Support the Team in organising various events, inlcuding careers festivals, work experience programmes and diversity talks.
- Be involved with a number of intern run programmes and events.
A career at Oracle is defined by you. We give you the freedom—and the skills—to write your own success story. Whatever avenue you go down, you’ll gain priceless learning experiences and be supported to do your best work. Let’s see what you can achieve when you dare to be yourself. We are looking for:
- A genuine interest in developing a career in Human Resources
- A willingness to learn and develop
- Enthusiasm and professionalism
- A self-motivated individual
- Good communication and organisation skills
- Ability to remain focused under pressure
- Ability to work as part of a team