Finance Trainee 2021
Are you ready to embark on a career in Finance in an exciting and diverse business? We are offering a fantastic opportunity for a Finance Trainee to join our team.
Join us as a Finance Trainee and you will have the opportunity to work across and support the Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger, Credit Control, Banking and General Ledger and Management Accounts teams in conjunction with a practical Training Plan and AAT studies delivered by Encompass Training.
- Process incoming purchase invoices
- Producing, checking, and sending payment runs to PA customers
- Assisting with internal and external queries including staff expenses
- Chasing our suppliers and employees for additional information and authorisation
- Liaising with and assisting the team to produce sales invoices
- Assisting with queries and collating and checking balance sheet reconciliations
- Liaising with and assisting the team to maximise cashflow by contacting customers from aged debt report
Banking and General Ledger
- Liaising with the team to reconcile bank accounts daily
- Posting cash receipts from daily bank statements
- Assisting the Management Accountant’s in production of monthly accounts by analysing departmental wages and salaries
- Analysing monthly variances on revenue and costs, accruing, and deferring monthly charges
- Supporting the team with budgeting and forecasting
What you’ll need
Are you …?
- An effective and confident communicator?
- Calm and organised under pressure and able to adapt to constant changing demands of the business?
- Results-focused and committed to personal development and learning new ways of working?
Do you have …?
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy?
- A high level of IT competence including Microsoft systems?
- A continuous improvement approach to continually challenge and drive improvements and standards forward?
The successful candidate will be required to have or achieve a level two in English and Maths.
The Encompass Training Centre is based in North Ferriby and you would be required to travel to the training centre for exams as and when required.
What we can offer you
In return for your hard work, we will offer you the opportunity to develop in an exciting industry while you achieve your AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting. This position will be an ideal grounding to springboard you to further opportunities within the company.
We’re working hard to ensure we provide an inclusive environment and as well as your skills and experience we’re also focused on who you are and what else you can bring. We recognise the importance of a healthy work life balance and positively encourage agile working.
We are always open to discuss an individual’s flexible working needs so please speak to us during the recruitment process to understand what this could look like for you. We will do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
We will be considering candidates as they apply, so please don’t delay in submitting your application as we may decide to close the advert early.