HR Executive Intern 2024
Start date: June 2024
What do we require?
- Studying a recognised sandwich undergraduate degree (or able to transfer onto one)
- A relevant undergraduate degree
- Be available to work for 12 months from June 2024, based in West London
We are Pernod Ricard, a leading company in the global wines and spirits industry with over 19,000 employees globally. We own 16 of the world’s top 100 Spirits Brands and hold one of the most prestigious and comprehensive brand portfolios in the industry with 240 premium brands available in over 160 countries, including: Absolut vodka, Ballantine’s, Chivas Regal, Royal Salute, and The Glenlivet Scotch whiskies, Jameson Irish whiskey, Martell cognac, Havana Club rum, Beefeater, Malfy and Monkey 47 gins, Malibu liqueur, Mumm and Perrier-Jouët champagnes as well Jacob’s Creek, Brancott Estate and Campo Viejo wines.
Here in the UK
In the UK, Pernod Ricard is made up of 3 businesses:
- Pernod Ricard UK, which markets, sells and distributes our products in the UK and also drives the global development of our iconic Gin brands through The Gin Hub
- Chivas Brothers, the largest brand company in the Group, responsible for the production and management of our award-winning Scotch whisky portfolio
- Pernod Ricard Global Travel Retail, the global and EMEA home of the group’s duty free, air travel and cruises business.
Your new team
This position sits in our Pernod Ricard UK (PRUK) business. Our diverse population of 300+ passionate employees have been creating conviviality since 2001, bringing our premium brands and unforgettable experiences to the UK. As the world’s 2nd largest spirits market, the UK is a key location for our company. Since 2017 PRUK has also hosted The Gin Hub, the team responsible for managing the Group’s unrivalled portfolio of ‘Premium+’ International Gins globally.
At PRUK, we have a culture that blends performance and conviviality: we are recognised as an open and diverse business with a firm commitment to our employees’ wellness, inclusion and safety and to making a positive impact on our industry and environment.
The Human Resources team believe that blending performance and ‘Convivialite’ is the distinctive way to work together, the unique Pernod Ricard way. Within Pernod Ricard UK HR we welcome diversity and differences and thrive on the excitement and challenges of continuously growing and adapting our business. It is HR’s role to create the working environment that allows us to succeed in this challenge.
HR collaborate with the business and our key stakeholders to find high-calibre people and help them excel. HR develop our talented employees in every corner of the business, and equip them with the right personal, professional and practical skills to anticipate, and respond to, the challenges that the future will throw at us.
The HR team live and breathe our Leadership Competencies striving to be the leaders in executing a bold employee experience through our agile learning and development; our open and authentic compensation and benefits and our consumer centric people agenda.
Your unique contribution
You will have three main areas of responsibility:
Assisting with recruitment and hiring process - posting job openings, helping with interview scheduling and administration. Starters Process - raising employment contracts, on-boarding new employees. Leavers Process – assisting with the administration elements and conducting exit interviews to collate insightful feedback in order to benefit the business moving forwards. Arranging the processing of invoices
2. Employee Benefits
Assisting with employee benefits management- queries related to benefits enrolment, troubleshooting employee benefits, and the customer service aspect of benefits oversight. Provide advice to all employees on company benefits. Assist employees with their Smart Choices profile. Supporting in the processing of employee interest free loan requests and loan meetings. Providing all round support to the HR team to assist with all admin; for example, raising contracts for new and current employees. Creating monthly reporting, general letters for visas, long service and parental leave including but not limited to Maternity, Paternity, shared parental.
3. Learning and Development
Providing general administrative support to the L&D Team. Contributing to the wider HR Team on delivery of key initiatives such as company-wide induction days. Supporting the HR Business Partners to assess learning needs within their business functions. Conducting the new starter day one induction. Challenge administrative processes as appropriate in order to implement more effective ways of working. General administrative and ad hoc clerical duties to support the L&D Team and HR Team on delivery of key initiatives. Working proactively with other team members within the Centres of Excellence. Being a point of contact for the business and field any ad-hoc enquiries and refer them to the expert within the HR team. Openly share new ideas and information with other team members.
Who you’ll be working with
Internally, you’ll work with the HR Team, Centres of Excellence Team, Recruit and Reward analytics. Across functions manager to assist with HR issues.
Externally, you’ll work with agencies to provide apprenticeships and future internships.
Your blend of talent
This position could be right for you if you:
- Growth Mindset: You are forward thinking and curious, with a pro-active approach, embodying a vision that translates into inspiring strategies. You thrive in a complex and changing world deploying resources effectively and efficiently.
- Deliver Through Collaboration: You achieve results while balancing rigorous planning and flexible transversal collaboration. You build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Consumer Centric: You develop consumer intimacy with a focus of technology to innovate and create more value for the consumer, customer, and Pernod Ricard UK.
- Bold and Agile: You are decisive and courageous, even in the face of difficult and complex situations, and always learns from past experiences. You take ownership of your own workload and development, asking for help where needed. You aren’t afraid to step up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said in a respectful way.
- Open and Authentic: You strive to be a role model who instils trust, engages teams by giving and receiving feedback, and constantly fostering open dialogue.
- Grow Diverse Teams: You value diversity of profiles, with a respect for varied backgrounds and lifestyles, and bring an awareness and questioning attitude to help ask the necessary and potentially challenging questions, working to create a sense of inclusivity and belonging in an environment that promotes Pernod Ricard values.
Our mix of benefits
For your health, we offer private medical insurance, critical illness cover and an optional healthcare cash plan and dental insurance.
Our lifestyle benefits options include 28 days’ annual holiday, your employee pension, share incentive plan, family care, season ticket loans, free mortgage advice, payroll giving and more!
You can access lots of gifts & discounts, including an allowance each year to spend on our brands in our staff shop and employee discounts from a range of high street retailers.
We have regular events in our very own office bar, employee-run networks, a culture of flexibility and trust and a variety of tools and resources to help you focus on your wellbeing and mental fitness.
Conviviality: the Pernod Ricard Way
We have our own way of doing things. We call it conviviality! It’s our way of being, and something unique you feel and experience when working for Pernod Ricard.
We’re committed to conviviality, and with this, you’ll be Proud to Belong to our Pernod Ricard family. You’ll be Empowered to Perform, supported to succeed, and acknowledged for the value you bring.
We combine all this with our Commitment to Care: we are unlocking the magic of human connection to transform our industry and make a positive impact on the world though our strong focus on sustainability and responsibility.
We’re committed to diversity and inclusion
People are at the heart of everything we do at Pernod Ricard and are the foundation of our collective spirit as ‘Créateurs de Convivialité’.
We promote diversity and inclusion throughout our business and supply chain. In our teams, we proactively foster a diverse work force and an inclusive culture – an environment where we can truly be ourselves.
We will assess your application for this role based on your skills, experiences and achievements, not your gender, age, ethnic or educational background or any other such factors. Please feel free to leave these off your CV and application form if you so wish.
Similarly, if you would like to discuss opportunities for flexible working or require accommodations or support to complete our application process, please let us know.
As ‘Créateurs de convivialité’, we want to turn social interactions into genuine and friendly experiences of sharing and wellbeing.
In our culture, we want to create diverse teams in which our differences contribute to our success. Therefore, all are welcome at Pernod Ricard, regardless of your religious beliefs or personal choices on the consumption of alcohol.
In our business, we work together with industry members, civil society, governments, local authorities and UN bodies to promote responsible drinking.
There are 3 stages to the recruitment process as follows:
- Online application & CV submission
- Blended assessment & video interview
- Assessment centre (to be held in our London offices in January 2024)
During the application form you will have the opportunity to let us know about any adjustments or additional support you may require, after which a member of the team will contact you ensure everything is put in place as you need.
If you think you may need adjustments but aren't sure, or would like to further understand the process and discuss potential options, then please contact the team on the phone number, email or live chat function available in the application portal.