R&D Analytical Scientist 2021
P&G is a leading global consumer goods company whose winning brands are built around the model of innovation. Whatever your passion is, we want to ignite your potential to become your very best self! We hold true to our purpose, values and principles as we seek to make a difference in the world around us. You will engage in meaningful work that will touch the lives of others and have a real impact.
The role is part of the Analytical R&D team that is leading cutting edge measurement innovation capability in the field of Analytical Chemistry and Microbiology impacting all P&G businesses. We are looking to hire a candidate strongly interested and skilled in applying academic background & practical hands-on experience and scientific method to generate & interpret data and solve problems against technical challenges in the area of Biocalorimetry, Phase, Thermal & Water Analysis & Microbiology. This is a combined specialised hands-on laboratory based role using experimentation to deliver the objectives of the project teams.
- Method development for novel thermal methods for microbiological detection.
- Developing and applying a thorough understanding of the fundamental science and technology in the area of polymers, colloids, surfactants & water.
- Critical thinking & problems solving skills. Modelling skills to apply to break down problems into hypothesis and develop clear technical learning plans using the scientific method and deliver against them, turning data into learnings
- MSc in Chemistry with strong technical mastery and experience in Analytical and Microbiology laboratory.
- Expertise in calorimetry applied to biological systems, data analysis and interpretation of calorimetric curves generated by microorganisms growth, experience with microcalorimetric tests of antibacterial activity in different products and substrates.
- Working effectively within a global, multifunctional team. Developing and applying new capability to solve tough technical challenges.
- Leadership to drive and influence programs. Independent, self-motivated with bias to action.
- Strong communications skills with clear and concise written & verbal communication.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Our people are all equally talented in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours. Are you ready to inspire us with your unrivalled ideas?
P&G ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process. Please contact us to request an accommodation by clicking ‘application help’ at the top right-hand corner of the career website.