Research & Development Summer Internship 2022
Do you want to make an impact on products that consumers around the world can’t live without? Are you curious about the chemistry, technology and development behind some of the world’s most best loved brands? Do you want to work for the company voted ‘The Best Workplace for Innovators’ in 2019 by Fast Company?
Then we have the opportunity for you!
What you can expect
What does it take to come up with some of the world’s most well-known brands? Well, a whole lot of science, to start. Our Scientists at P&G go to work, making and improving the products for billions of consumers who use products like Gillette, Ariel and Pampers every single day. We are talking big innovations, small bets, ground breaking technology, state-of-the-art labs, micro-scale plants and a team full of inventors to make this happen. During your internship you will be entrusted to work on real projects on some of our most loved brands.
Our summer internship programme runs for 10-12 weeks, from July - September 2022.We offer internships at our UK Innovation Centres in Reading and Newcastle-upon-Tyne.
Examples of Previous Intern Projects
- Technology Development: Adsorption and desorption of perfumes into zeolite
- Process Development: Development of a flexible hand making facility for a hygiene product
- Concept Engineering - Design and development of creative new product device
- Packaging & Device Development: Impact of bag design parameters on consumer acceptance
- Analytical: Chemical characterization of polymers and adhesives
- Product Research: Investigate the properties of skin and hair. Suggest potential mechanisms and develop solutions to reduce post shave irritation.
What we offer you
Responsibilities as ofDay1 – you will feel the ownership of your projects from the beginning, you will be able to have an impact on the business from the beginning, working on projects given by the European team including senior leadership.
Technical focus – you will have the opportunity to put your technical skills to work on intellectually challenging problems working with our advanced technologies.
Continuous coaching – you will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager, enabling you to grow in a diverse environment and developing your talents and ideas.
Dynamic and respectful work environment – employees are at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiatives, promoting agility and work/life balance.
Compensation & Benefits: you will receive a competitive internship salary as well as other benefits whilst you are with us.
Job Recommendation: successful interns will be recommended for hire for a full time role with P&G upon graduation.
- Students studying a BSC or MSC in scientific and engineering degrees (preferably in their penultimate year of study)
- Academic excellence at all stages throughout school and University education with a passion for research and innovation
- Technical curiosity, creativity, innovation, initiative, communication, leadership and your collaboration skills
- Evidence of passion and achievements, particularly leadership, in academic and/or non- academic activities, short work experience or internships are a plus
Good to Know
We’re consistently recognised as one of the UK’s leading graduate employers listed in Times Top 100 Graduate Employers; The Best Places to Work – Glassdoor; Guardian UK 300; Job Crowd – Best Places for Graduates to Work and Universum’s Most Attractive Employers.
At P&G #weseeequal
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Our people come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours. Are you ready to inspire us with your unrivalled ideas?
P&G ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process. Please contact us to request an accommodation by clicking ‘application help’ at the top right-hand corner of the career website.
Application Deadline: January 1st– however roles fill fast and are filled on an ongoing basis so apply early to avoid disappointment. We reserve the right to remove the role earlier than the deadline if it has been filled.