Aerosol Scientist Industrial Placement 2021
In this role, you have the opportunity to join a world leading health technology company focused on improving people’s health and enabling better outcomes across the health continuum – from healthy living and prevention, to diagnosis, treatment and home care. As part of this mission, we are now looking for an ambitious intern to work within our Aerosol Scientist team. You’ll assist in carrying out experimental aerosol and microbiological studies to support a wide range of areas of our business; Product Development and Engineering, Business Development, Marketing and Quality Assurance Regulatory Affairs.
You are responsible for:
- Providing scientific support to the Product Development group, Sustaining Engineering group, Marketing, QARA and the Business Development group.
- Performing experimental aerosol investigations.
- Assist in the planning of aerosol investigations.
- Assist in generation of protocols and reports.
- Work on projects to improve and re-validate existing analytical test methods in Inhalation Aerosol Science.
- Investigate new approaches to test methods and if required develop and validate them.
What you'll do
You'll be part of a team of ten aerosol scientists who sit within our Research & Development department within our Respironics Respiratory Drug Delivery team who are currently based in Chichester, West Sussex.
What you'll need
- Currently studying towards your Bachelors/Masters degree in: Biological Sciences, Biomedical Engineering, Chemistry, Health Sciences or Physics.
- Penultimate year student (please do not apply if you are not in your penultimate year of study)
- Practical laboratory experience undertaken as part of degree.
- Quick to solve problems and provide solutions.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Target/time driven with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well in part of team and independently
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Inquisitive and analytical.
- Good organization skills.
The opportunity to gain first hand experience of working with a world leading healthtech company which aims to improve 2.5 billion lives a year by 2025. You will be thoroughly supported by a friendly team who are committed to your personal development and positive learning experience. In addition to this, you will be compensated with a market related salary and standard company benefits such as 25 days of paid holiday (plus bank holidays) on a pro rata basis.
Please submit a detailed CV which includes the year you started your degree as well as when you will finish, as well as a personal statement which summarises your motivation for applying to this role. Following a screening process, if you are shortlisted you will have a telephone interview in December /January and the final stage will be an assessment centre which includes a prepared presentation in February 2021.