Graduate Service Desk Analyst 2021
To provide 1st line (helpdesk) application support to external customers, assisting them with enquiries and software problems via phone, email or onsite for Philips healthcare products within our Sleep and Respiratory Care management system.
This role could be the perfect springboard for a recent graduate with an IT background who is looking to make their first step into an IT career working at international healthtech organisation where innovative technology is at the heart of everything we do.
- To provide technical support; answering support queries either onsite or via phone or email
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
- To take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues
- To log all calls on the ticket system and maintain full documentation
- Respond to enquiries from clients and help them resolve any query or software problems
- To allocate more complex issues to the senior support member or Clinical Specialist
- To liaise with external support where problems cannot be resolved in house
- To keep account managers updated with issues logged by their customers
You are a part of
A supportive team and will be closely supported by the Senior Data Apps Specialist, who will provide full training for the role. You will be part of the wider Connected Care business cluster at Philips
Although the role can be done remotely (from within the UK), should you prefer to be office based in Farnborough (Hampshire) this will also be possible.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Relevant IT background ie Computer Science degree or related
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good attention to detail and ability to work in a regulated industry
- A can do attitude, pro-active and enthusiastic to learn
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows desktop technologies (Windows 7, 8, 10)
- Experience using and troubleshooting general windows and office applications
- Experience troubleshooting Bluetooth connection problems with Apple and Android mobile operating systems.
- Understanding of the importance of GDPR and data privacy
- MCP certification would be beneficial, but is not essential
In return, we offer you
The opportunity to launch your career in a global organisation where you will gain invaluable experience to learn and progress your career from here. This is a fantastic opportunity to make a direct impact on improving our customers' lives by supporting them with lifechanging sleep & respiratory care health products. In addition to this you will be compensated with a market related entry level salary and excellent company benefits. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities. Furthermore, Philips University is available to all employees for learning and development
Please submit your detailed CV and motivational statement / cover letter for immediate consideration. You will be interviewed by a Recruiter and then the Senior Data Applications Specialist. Should you require any reasonable adjustments to enable your participation in the interview process, please advise us of this upon application.
Please note that you will need to currently be UK based with full working rights as visa sponsorship is not possible for this role.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.