Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
In this role, you have the opportunity to join the Procurement team as a recent graduate. You'll find yourself part of a global team of like-minded procurement managers and buyers, who all share a passion for creating value through innovation. You'll make a difference in new and surprising ways every day, developing and growing both your function and your capabilities as you help change the world.
You'll be actively encouraged to exercise your creativity and powers of innovation and to independently develop your entrepreneurial skills. Your input to strategic sourcing and end-to-end (E2E) transactional activities will make a true difference to our bottom line. This could be via managing the price of goods / services, the total cost of ownership and also the quality / risks associated. The Procurement team manages supplier relationships, target metrics and much more to ensure we are getting the best price, quality, and level of risk for any products / services required by Philips.
You are responsible for
- 3rd party catalogue management & development
- Ensure pricing and products are up to date and in line with our agreed rates
- Support negotiations with 3rd part suppliers
- Identify opportunities for cost savings through analysis of spend data and knowledge of supply base
- Manage approved supplier list
- Contract management
- Ensure compliance to Philips policies
- Collection of requirements from different teams
- Analyse current One off product purchases process and make it leaner
- Guidance and support to internal stakeholders on P2P processes and other procurement policies
- Tender support
- Purchase order approvals for low value items
- Supporting procurement specialists and running your own one-off project
- Chairing team meetings
- Presenting to leadership teams
- Project ownership
At Philips, we incorporate ownership and innovation into everything we do. Within your role you will get the chance to run your own projects, create/manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders and be given the freedom to explore your own ideas on how to improve our business.
You are a part of a team of 9, including graduates, procurements specialists and procurement managers. You will report into the Head of Procurement for the UK& Ireland. You will regularly collaborate with a variety of stakeholders from areas including marketing, finance, HR, sales, supply chain and will have the opportunity to build relationships with people all over the world.
- A recent bachelor’s degree, 2:1 or above. This should ideally be in a related subject (ie. Business, Finance, Maths, Economics or you should demonstrate your numeracy / analytical skills elsewhere ie. Work experience)
- Any related internship / work experience would be beneficial
- Good proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite particularly in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Fluency in English (French language skills would be a bonus)
- Ability to work effectively when working in a team environment as well as being able to deliver good individual results.
- You are naturally curious, independent and want to work in a dynamic environment where you can interact with many people in the UK and abroad.
- You are eager to learn and develop your skills
- Fast paced
- Please note that we unable to sponsor visas for this role therefore full rights to work in the UK is required
What you can expect from us
A challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. You will in a supportive environment where your development is a priority. You will be compensated with a competitive salary and benefits including 25 days of paid holiday plus bank holidays.
You will have a comprehensive personal development opportunities and you will join our current cohort of recent graduate joiners giving you a great sense of community and a head-start for post-graduation. What you put into this role, you will get out!
We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities. Furthermore, Philips University is available to all employees for learning and development opportunities.