IT Business Support Graduate
Premier Foods is one of Britain’s biggest listed food companies, employing over 4,000 colleagues at 15 manufacturing sites and offices up and down the country. Many of our brands have been part of UK life for more than a century and you’ll find them in 94% of British households.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious intelligent Graduate who is hungry, enthusiastic and flexible and who wants to join a large FMCG organisation. It will suit someone who wants to gain a broad knowledge and understanding of IT and business process and who will flourish in a fast-paced environment where you are given early responsibility.
This opportunity will follow the business partner route, supporting our Supply Chain teams based in our St Albans head office and throughout our sites based throughout the UK.
Overview of the IT Function
Our IT function is split into 5 areas, each is headed up by a senior manager:
1. IT Supply Chain Systems
2. IT Commercial Systems
3. Application Development
4. Portfolio Management
5. Service & Technology
In total, we have a team of 52, (based in various locations including St Albans, Manchester, Lutterworth and Southampton), and work with a number of 3rd parties who provide us with Networking capabilities as well as specialist, technical and development activity.
The 2-year graduate programme will see you working across each of our teams. You’ll spend approx. 4 weeks with each team at the start of tenure to get an understanding (specifically service), meet the teams and build a relationship before being assigned a locations (St Albans or Lutterworth) for longer term assignments in the supply chain space (this may involve some travel). Depending on the assignment, travel may be required to different locations, which may include overnight stays.
- 3 A Levels – minimum of 280 UCAS points gained
- Degree qualified 2:1 minimum achieved (or expected)
- Clear career aspirations demonstrated through employment or work experience/placement
- The right to work in the UK and English speaking
- UK driving licence
- Experience of leadership roles across sports, hobbies or other interests
- Strong Communicator both oral and written
- Skilled in Microsoft Suite
What you can expect from us
- £28k and attractive benefits package including: 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays, pension scheme, life assurance, employee discount scheme including travel, food and shopping discounts.
- A real community of like-minded fellow graduates
- A Business Mentor
- More than 10 days of off-job development workshops covering such topics as communication, presentation and influencing skills
- Invitations to social events and executive networking opportunities. Our graduates are sociable and enjoy informal dinners and drinks and have the opportunity to attend more formal events such as charity dinners and sales conferences.