Graduate Actuarial Risk Modelling Services Edinburgh 2021
Risk Modelling Services
The Risk Modelling Services (RMS) team has offices in London, Edinburgh, Manchester, Bristol and Mumbai. We are one of the largest growth areas within our Risk Assurance practice, working across a broad range of clients in sectors including insurance, healthcare, banking, investments and wider business modelling. Within the team we have a blend of actuaries, data scientists and advanced analytics practitioners who apply cutting edge technology to solve a variety of client problems.
Our people are encouraged to take responsibility at an early stage and proactively develop their career. We seek to develop accomplished consultants, not just technically strong analysts. This means exposure to a wide range of project situations, often working with specialists from other disciplines within PwC such as Transaction Services, Regulatory, Risk Advisory, Corporate Finance, Business Recovery/Restructuring, Forensics and Tax.
Risk Modelling Services team is part of our Risk Assurance business. The world of risk is changing. Today's business environment is different. More complex. More connected. More volatile. While this environment makes it much harder to predict where new risks will come from, we believe that it represents an opportunity for businesses to transform and innovate.
We work with our clients to protect and strengthen every aspect of their business; from people to performance, systems to strategy and business plans to business resilience. Through our invaluable insights and independent assurance we can help our clients to discover and unlock real value. We’re investing in growth and innovation. Our people are supported by the right tools and technology to strengthen our business and stay at the cutting-edge of new techniques. We nurture bold and dynamic behaviours to push the boundaries and be truly distinctive in the market.
Our graduate training programme is underpinned by a development framework that broadens and deepens your knowledge. You'll learn from hands-on coaching and an outstanding variety of work, picking up business, personal and technical skills you can use across the network, and throughout your career.
What you'll do
We're looking for people with a passion for big data, modelling and data science who also have an interest in risk. No two projects will be the same and you will gain access to a multitude of skills and industries.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
Uncovering trends and themes within data to address key questions posed by our client
Providing clear and concise communication of complex concepts to internal and external senior management to help clients make robust, evidence based decisions
Working in multidisciplinary teams with our clients to use data analysis, visualisation and modelling to better quantify and understand risks facing businesses across a multitude of sectors
Learning how businesses work, with a particular focus on financial forecasting, stress and scenario testing, risk evaluation and modelling alongside data science techniques.
Drafting reports and presentations and using data visualisation to explain our findings
What you'll gain
- A blend of commercial, technical, financial and data experiences working with iconic clients across industry sectors and countries
- Structured technical training in a suite of data analytics/visualisation tools (e.g. Alteryx, Tableau, Power BI, Qlikview) and structured accounting and finance training (where relevant)
- A broad base of analytical skills spanning data science, visualisation and financial modelling
- Communication skills and business acumen through interaction with and presentation to a wide range of stakeholders at the client, including CFOs, and CEOs
- Opportunity to develop project management and interpersonal skills, allowing you to build collaborative working relationships at all levels.
- You will be engaging directly with senior members of our clients, solving their business problems and helping them generate value whilst working alongside leading professionals in fields such as Big Data, Predictive Analytics, Machine Learning and Data Visualisation.
What you'll need
You'll need to have or be on course for a 2.1. degree or above in any subject. We determine whether you're on course for a 2.1. based on the grades you achieved in your last completed year of academic study. The subject of your degree is not important; however, you'll need to demonstrate a passion for a career in technology and how organisations use it.