Trainee BerkshireLive Multimedia Live News Reporter 2012
BerkshireLive is the county’s biggest news site, in 2020 the site achieved more than 54.1m page views and 2021 is set to be a bigger year.
The team covers breaking news and celebrates all that's brilliant about Berkshire. From in-depth investigations to more light-hearted stories which will raise a smile during these tough times, the team is dedicated to bringing readers the news that matters to them first.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a creative and dynamic trainee to join our team.
We’re looking for fresh ideas and new perspectives from people from a wide range of backgrounds, and we want you to tell us the stories you believe are important from our many communities so we can continue to diversify our content. We want to celebrate the towns and villages Here at Reach, we strongly believe in the benefits of flexible working, work/life balance and autonomy in our day to day jobs.
What will I be doing?
- You will be working as part of a team to produce digital storytelling and to cover live news
- You will have the opportunity to provide live coverage of breaking news
- You will build strong contacts for story-gathering in our existing and underserved communities
- You will be comfortable interviewing, taking pictures and filming when out on the job
- You will love all things social media and use these skills to build audiences and communities, ensuring content in shared on social platforms
The Ideal Candidate
Who are we looking for?
- You are creative and passionate, with an awareness of quality digital storytelling
- You will have an NCTJ-accredited journalism qualification and will use it to generate content which engages local audiences and meets the standards set by Reach
- We want you to tell us the stories you believe are important from our many diverse communities as we seek to grow new audiences
- A driving licence is preferable for this role
So, who are we?
BerkshireLive is part of Reach plc. You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Defined progression pathway
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- and lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.