Junior Environment Artist Oxford 2023
For 30 years we’ve been creating incredible video games at our multiple studios, but Rebellion is more than just games. We have our own film and mo-cap studio, we create board games, publish books, and through 2000AD, publish comics and graphic novels such as the amazing Judge Dredd.
We operate across multiple UK locations, with studios based in Oxford, Warwick, Liverpool, and Wakefield. Work-life balance is important to us, and we want everyone at Rebellion to work in the way that works best for them. So, if you are based in the UK, we are always open to discussing how we can support remote and/or Hybrid working options.
We are looking for a Junior Environment Artist to join our passionate Art team to work on a brand new co-op strategy shooter!
This role is dedicated to building environment art and scenes that push the aesthetic bar and engage the player. You will take ownership of your work and your skills and artistic vision will drive the visuals for this exciting new game.
You will create high-quality assets and ensure that the integration of the work is in line with technical constraints and artistic direction. As part of the Environment Art team, you will play a key role in ensuring the quality of an exciting new project.
- Assist in planning out the space, with consideration of narrative and visual storytelling, while documenting intentions
- Create environments in tight collaborations with Level Designers
- Create functional assets which can be shared across the project in respect of the technical and artistic constraints
- Track and update the progress of day-to-day tasks using the designated tracking tools
- Ensure the technical and artistic quality of the project by collaborating with Technical Artists and Senior Artists and make changes when necessary
- Reference game design documents to develop an understanding of the environments, objectives, atmospheres, story and style of the project
- Knowledge 3D software such as 3D Studio Max, Maya and Blender
- Knowledge 3D sculpting packages such as Zbrush or Mudbox
- Knowledge of modelling processes hi-res sculpting, baking textures and material/shader setup in a real-time render engine
- Knowledge of PRB material pipeline/substance
- Understanding of composition and visual storytelling
- Knowledge of the video game development process