Graduate Trainee: Sustainability
Our purpose is to create a better way for people to live. We care about the quality of homes that we build, the people who help us build them, the communities we create and the society in which we live.
Our Specialist Graduate Programme is designed to support your drive and ambition to enable you to become an integral part of the business in a department that you are passionate about.
The role will support our Sustainability Department in achieving its purpose to build sustainable developments.
In this role you will get to work in various areas of the Sustainability Department and contribute to the varied projects such as biodiversity, stakeholder engagement, materiality and social value. Our aim is for you to gain a real breadth and depth of experience and take on early and increasing responsibility.
Over two years, you will be mentored by some of the most experienced people in our industry. From the offset, you will be supported to develop your skills and knowledge through structured training and guidance, enabling you to excel in your chosen career.
Below are some example job responsibilities you may gain exposure to:
- Assist in the company-wide programme to identify causes of waste and implement measures to eliminate it and reduce it a source
- Support carbon and energy reduction plans by calculating annual carbon footprint and developing and implementing reduction initiatives
- Work with people across the business to ensure regular and accurate reporting to help us understand and monitor progress
- Undertake data analysis and support the team in publicising our sustainability and social responsibility progress, both internally and externally
- Report on company performance in industry and non-industry sustainability benchmarks like the Next Generation Benchmark
- Be a champion in sustainability, encouraging behavioural change throughout Redrow and positively promoting the work of the sustainability team throughout the business
These are illustrative duties and the post holder may be expected to become involved in a range of work to enable the department to respond effectively to the requirements of the Company.
- Strong business acumen for delivering efficiencies
- Good understanding of data handling, ability to draft reports with excellent organisational and time management skills
- Drive and ambition with a positive “can do” attitude
- Good communication skills both written and verbal, with well-developed interpersonal and customer service skills
- Creative and problem-solving skills
- Full UK driving licence and own/have access to a vehicle for travel to work and sites where required