Graduate Pre-Sales Consultant 2022
At Aptitude Software we provide software solutions that create a world of financial confidence.
We uniquely combine deep finance expertise and IP rich technology to enable finance professionals to run their global businesses, forecast decision outcomes and comply with complex regulations.
We are proud to have served the offices of finance for over 20 years, delivering financial control and insights to empower our clients achieve their strategies and ambitions. Aptitude Software supports businesses with combined revenues approaching $1 trillion and over 500 million end customers.
We have experienced incredible growth over the last few years and we are excited to further grow our team with smart, motivated, passionate people who share our three core values – being one think ahead, being the guru and being the difference. We are proud of the team we’re building, and believe diverse experiences and perspectives build stronger teams and better products.
Headquartered in London, Aptitude Software is an operating company of Aptitude Software Group plc.
What you'll do
The Graduate Pre-Sales Consultant will work closely with the rest of the Pre-Sales team to assist the Sales team on new and existing client engagements. In this role you will assist in aligning Aptitude Software’s product capabilities with client requirements by demonstrating financial and business solutions which will satisfy the client’s needs.
The Graduate Pre-Sales Consultant will assist in product configuration and support the delivery of demonstrations of Aptitude Software products and solutions to clients. You will also be given the opportunity to proactively assist with the delivery of client workshops. With support from others, you will identify and report opportunities and risks to senior colleagues to ensure we are always striving to deliver value to Aptitude Software and our clients.
This role will suit a recent graduate or post-graduate, with a relevant degree in Computer Science or other STEM subject, and ideally some previous experience or exposure in Financial Services and / or Technology firms, who wants an opportunity to progress their career with a global Financial Technology company experiencing exciting growth.
A key part of your role will be to proactively continue your own personal development with relevant knowledge and skills as well as growing your understanding of Aptitude Software’s products. We encourage and support our employees to identify relevant training to aid their growth and development.
What we're looking for
The ideal candidate will have the following skills & experience
- A degree in a related subject (e.g. Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, or other STEM subject)
- Previous experience in Financial Services and/or Technology firms is advantageous.
- Can demonstrate a broad understanding of software development principles (e.g. Oracle, Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS), systems architecture) and a strong desire to learn how the application of these principles achieves financial value for our clients using Aptitude Software products.
- An understanding of accounting principles would be beneficial
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral and presentation). Able to communicate in a concise and timely manner with internal and external stakeholders, e.g. clients, project leads and within the Sales team, to ensure that critical information is conveyed. Can demonstrate an ability to be a strong relationship builder.
- An ability to understand the clients’ objectives, identify their challenges and translate these into logical and actionable requirements
- The ability to create and design propositions that provide practical solutions, which will be used to demonstrate best practice based upon Aptitude’s products and capabilities.
- A commercial mindset.
- Strong time management skills; able to prioritise tasks and deliverables to complete projects on schedule
How to apply
Include your CV and any other relevant information that will help us get to know you better.