Graduate Cyber Security Engineer 2021
An exciting opportunity has arisen for skilled individual to join the Rolls-Royce Controls System division. You will be working to further improve our embedded, safety-critical software systems processes, the output of which are used by our teams to support the development of our world-leading engine control and monitoring systems.
Rolls Royce recognises the critical importance of high integrity systems to the value of its products and is committed to developing world leading capability in this area. The division is engaged in an exciting period of growth and development; working on both new products and product technology demonstrators supporting industry trends of electrification, engine intelligence, and environmentally sustainable technologies.
We have bases in Derby and a state-of-the-art facility located on the Birmingham Business Park. We support flexible and remote working.
At Rolls-Royce, we pioneer the power that matters to our customers, to society and to the planet.
Every great product needs a great business behind it. Our work is complex, innovative, highly challenging and rewarding, and it takes a range of professionals to do it. Having the right people means we can deliver excellence to our customers and pioneer the power that matters.
- Work with development projects to deliver the Cyber Security plans and develop cyber security requirements (technology, process etc) across a range of safety-critical embedded systems.
- Perform Technical Risk Assessments for the projects and ensure that the software systems design adhere to the Cyber Security certification requirements.
- Monitor the project’s software for emerging vulnerabilities and ensure the requirements are updated to mitigate emerging threats.
- Work with the Cyber Councils to ensure issues are escalated and work across the functions to develop the cyber security continued airworthiness objectives.
- Drive Product Cyber Security culture within the projects, drawing upon capability from the wider Cyber Security team.
- Identify where security controls need improving, changing or developing.
- Work with project/product teams, Product Cyber Specialists and the wider Cyber Security team to develop relevant policies and standards to support product development.
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Degree qualified in STEM.
- Experienced in one or more of the following:
- Cyber Security Engineering
- Cyber Security Audits
- Threat hunter tools
- Be able to manage tasks to completion ensuring that the relevant areas of the business are appropriately informed.
- Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail. Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills, able to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Strong problem-solving skills, and an ability to understand the level of analysis required.
- Able to research application issues and products by being outward focussed and able to seek solutions/information from outside of immediate area, including suppliers, universities, customers, related industries.
We offer excellent development, a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Pioneer optimum performance. Join us and you’ll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential.
So that you can be your best at work and home, we’ll consider flexible working arrangements for everyone, in any role.