Trading and Asset Origination Rotation Internship 2021
Rothesay is a UK insurance company purpose built to protect pensions. We are the largest specialist pension insurer in the UK, managing over £60bn of assets and securing pensions for over 800,000 people. We secure pensions for over 170 pension schemes and insurers including British Airways, Post Office, ASDA, National Grid and Aegon.
At Rothesay, we are striving to transform our industry. We believe deeply in creating real security for the future and our leadership in finding new and better ways to do that is the key to our success. To do that, we need the very brightest original thinkers to bring creativity as well as rigour. Rothesay is a rewarding place to work, where quality people can thrive and prosper. We pride ourselves on the connections our people build, many of whom have been with us for over ten years.
What we offer
- This is an opportunity to experience working in two of Rothesay’s asset deployment divisions.
- You will spend one week in our Trading team, where you will be exposed to the trading of bonds and derivatives across rates, inflation and cross-currency markets, as well as how the team manage the asset book.
- You will also spend one week in the Asset Origination team, who focus on the origination, evaluation and execution of Rothesay’s mortgages, commercial real estate, structured financing and secured lending deals.
Please note the internship will run between mid-July and mid-September dependant on Covid restrictions. Please only apply if you are available during this period.
What we are looking for
- We recruit from all academic disciplines; although a high degree of numeracy is essential.
- Impeccable academic credentials.
- You will need to demonstrate a clear interest in a career in Financial Services and in particular, in trading or structured finance.
- Fluency in English is a prerequisite.
How to apply
- You will need a 1-page CV, with a cover letter (PDF format) that states in 300 words or less why working at Rothesay would be of interest.
- Applications will be accepted until 30 June 2021 but will be reviewed on a regular basis so early application is encouraged. The times for interviews will be confirmed to applicants who are invited for these rounds.
Disclaimer This position description is intended to describe the duties most frequently performed by an individual in this position. It is not intended to be a complete list of assigned duties, but to describe a position level. The role shall be performed within a professional office environment. Rothesay has health and safety polices that are available for all workers upon request. There are no specific health risks associated with the role.
Rothesay actively promotes diversity and inclusivity. We know that our success depends on our people and that by nurturing a culture that values difference, we create a stronger, more dynamic business. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.