ADAS - Student Internship Hereford 2024
ADAS, a member of RSK Group are looking to recruit students/graduates for paid short term placements / internships. This is a predominantly practical, hands-on role supporting field research activities at our Rosemaund Office, near Hereford. The duration will be 6 to 8 weeks, starting in May or early June, and finishing in mid July 2024.
This role is Ideally suited to for undergraduate or postgraduate students, keen to develop their knowledge and experience in applied field research. The work will be mainly outdoors, working as part of a team of field research scientists and consultants supporting the delivery of crop research trials.
- Assisting with plot spraying.
- Diagnosing and assessing diseases and pests in wheat, oilseeds, and potato trials.
- Willingness to learn, and work as part of a team.
- Computer literate and familiar with Microsoft office programs including Word and Excel.
- To ensure maximum flexibility and to reflect the Company's evolving needs, you may be asked to perform additional tasks that may be reasonably expected within your level of capability without additional remuneration.
- Full driving licence and own transport.
- No prior experience necessary.
Salary and benefits
- Salary National Living Wage (as of April 2024)
- Training opportunities available
- Accommodation support (if required)
- Life assurance
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, health cash plan and discounted gym membership
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Working alongside landowners, farmers, and growers since 1946, we have been providing ideas, specialist knowledge, and solutions to secure our food and enhance the environment for over 75 years.
Our aim is to help address the challenges and opportunities faced by organisations working in food production and the natural environment, and we continue to thrive by attracting innovative thinkers into our workforce.
We currently have over 400 employees delivering solutions in 60 specialist subjects, making us the UK’s largest independent provider of agricultural and environmental consultancy, rural development services, research and development, and policy advice. Whether you want to work on national or international projects, we can provide a varied career in a wide array of industries and public sector services.
ADAS is part of the RSK Group, a leading integrated environmental, engineering, and technical services business providing dynamic, multidisciplinary services to a wide range of sectors. RSK was founded in 1989 and has grown considerably since then. In fact, Environment Analyst recently highlighted RSK’s growth commenting, “Few companies in the environmental services sector can claim to be expanding at the same pace as RSK.”
RSK operates as a group of synergistic businesses with a growth strategy centred on diversification to build a resilient business that can withstand external pressures while also bringing more value to clients and opportunities to employees.