Binnies - Graduate Electrical Engineer 2024
Binnies is looking for Graduate Electrical Engineers to be based in our UK offices, working within our Delivery group on UK Water Engineering projects.
As a Graduate Electrical Engineer, you will be taking part in our development programme. You will be a valued member of our highly experienced and widely respected team at Binnies.
Binnies treat each Graduate Engineer as an individual and will provide all relevant training, development and support so that you may further your engineering career. We are a diverse and energetic team and you will play a key role in contributing to our team’s and companies’ success.
Binnies offers you possibilities on an international scale with offices worldwide and projects completed in 100 plus countries. What’s more, you can work on exciting global projects regardless of where you are physically located. Whatever industries and technologies interest you, Binnies can get you there. You will also gain experience and expertise in all aspects of the UK Water Industry.
The role will involve undertaking Electrical, Instrumentation, Control and Automation (E&ICA) engineering design work on projects for water industry and other clients.
The successful candidate will be involved in all engineering aspects of project delivery including feasibility, initial design development, outline and detailed design, and site liaison.
The candidate will also have the opportunity to gain experience by rotation into short term site, commercial and managerial roles, requiring potential flexibility in future location.
- Undertaking outline and detail design, both individually (under supervision) and as part of a wider team, for projects within specified timescales.
- Assisting with the producing site plans, general arrangements and calculations, using approved engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Working alongside other professionals and JV construction partners, in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Co-ordinating work with other Binnies offices and liaising with engineers and other professionals in the wider Binnies group, providing adequate information to enable projects to be progressed effectively.
- Assisting with preparation of technical and non-technical reports.
- Ensuring the E&ICA design takes account of buildability and H&S requirements.
- Liaison with internal and external stakeholders at an appropriate level to ensure the design is communicated effectively.
- Assisting with design support activities during construction.
- Necessary qualifications to achieve CEng or IEng in either Electrical or Instrumentation Engineering (or other related discipline).
- Desire to work proactively towards Chartered or Incorporated membership of the IET, IMC or other equivalent institution.
At RSK we operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation, adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
The company prides itself on providing employees with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development and enabling them to reach their full potential. Listed as being in the top 3 environmental consultancies and listed in the Sunday Times PwC Top Track 250, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
Furthermore, retaining our employees is the building block of a successful organisation and we want to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working, social activities, and community involvement projects.
RSK is also committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
We develop intelligent solutions using our award-winning integrated planning and design approach to deliver functional infrastructure and lasting environmental and social legacies. This is backed by a culture that has stayed true since our foundation over 100 years ago. We create new possibilities for humanity through our innovative approach to delivery.
Together with our clients, we are always striving to find a smarter way to deliver projects. From providing low carbon, sustainable and resilient water solutions, flood alleviation and environment services, to connecting people with insights and data. Our business exists to improve the quality of life for our local communities today and for generations to come.
Binnies is part of the RSK Group, a leading integrated environmental, engineering, and technical services business providing dynamic, multidisciplinary services to a wide range of sectors. RSK was founded in 1989 and has grown considerably since then. In fact, Environment Analyst recently highlighted RSK’s growth commenting, “Few companies in the environmental services sector can claim to be expanding at the same pace as RSK.”
RSK operates as a group of synergistic businesses with a growth strategy centred on diversification to build a resilient business that can withstand external pressures while also bringing more value to clients and opportunities to employees.