Graduate Developer Newcastle 2021
People make Sage great. From our colleagues delivering ground-breaking solutions to the customers who use them: people have helped us grow for more than thirty years, and people are driving our future as a great SaaS company. We’re writing our next chapter. Be part of it!
Experience has taught us that when our customers thrive, we thrive. As a team, we always start with what customers need. Through the good… and more challenging times. Innovating at pace so customers can manage their finances, operations and people. Every one of us shapes our culture at Sage - doing what’s right and succeeding together, united by our commitment to each other. We encourage each other to grow in our roles, in our careers and as individuals.
Follow us on our social media sites below to join in conversations about career tips, open positions and company news! #lifeatsage #sagecareers. If you would like support with your application (or require any adjustments) please contact us at email@example.com for assistance. All qualified applicants will be thoughtfully considered and never discriminated against based on their race, color, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
You will be part of the Product Function at Sage; the team that develops products for our customers, who are the focus of everything we do. We’re looking for Graduates who can deliver real value to our customers, by solving problems and providing solutions through innovative ideas.
We’re creating a culture that’s well connected, open and collaborative. Our graduates will be encouraged to learn and experiment in their work as part of a continuous innovative community. Our colleagues are passionate about our customers, and support each other to leverage their skills and know how.
Throughout the 2-year Graduate programme and your career at Sage, we want you to be enthusiastic about your personal development, and continuously learn new things to strive for excellence. We expect a lot from our Graduates, and will encourage you to bring innovative ideas to add real value for our customers, in an environment where ambition for future progression is rewarded.
You will be a natural problem-solver with a curious mind, who has a passion for software development/programming. Taking pride in your work is essential, as is the desire to continuously improve and you mustn’t be afraid to make mistakes, as these are learning opportunities!
You'll have a keen eye for detail and an inquisitive mind. You'll be able to demonstrate resilience and determination whilst remaining flexible and responsive to the changing demands of a fast-paced environment. You'll enjoy working as part of a well-integrated team and must have good listening, verbal and written communication skills. You will be mentored and supported by an experienced developer/tester throughout the year but will be encouraged to play a full role in the development process.
You will have the opportunity to learn new skills and technologies, gain an understanding of some of the wider aspects of the development process, and get invaluable experience working in the only FTSE100 software company in the UK.
- Complete all required training and mentoring sessions
- Develop, deliver, maintain and implement high quality technical solutions
- Look to increase both technical ability and domain knowledge through active
- participation in the project development life cycle.
- Contribute to the process of documenting technical requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems and/or services, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs.
- Maintain relevant documentation to describe logic, coding/configuration, testing and changes where applicable.
- Continuously strive to make improvements to the existing applications and/or systems and services.
- Ensure all development is completed to the required quality standards.
- Keep up to date with relevant technology areas.
- Seek out and act upon feedback from team members
- A relevant STEM degree or an alternative degree supported by a keen interest in Software Development.
Our Graduate Recruitment process
- Apply online with CV
- Complete screening
- Complete video interview (You will receive a link to complete a video interview within 1 week of applying)
- Attend Assessment Centre (Held August 2021)
If successful, you would join our Graduate Programme on 4th October 2021.
***Roles available in our Manchester and Newcastle offices*****