Production Management Placement London 2024
Are you a forward-thinking and aspiring undergraduate ready to take your next steps in the world of Rail Vehicle Maintenance? Join our Intern Development Programme and see for yourself how it differs from any other. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey to your career? If yes, start your year in industry with us at Siemens!
This is your chance to learn about how our work impacts everyday life across the world and you could be there at the centre of that work. From learning how a line of code develops into millions of downloads, to exploring the depths and heights of our varying transport projects, build your skills and see how you can be here with us, shaping the future. Not really sure who Siemens are and what we do? Clickhere to find out more.
Siemens are a key player in the UK Rail network, our Thameslink Project is a high paced, extremely critical piece of the UK infrastructure providing state of the art trains to support high passenger volumes through the capital. Based across 2 large depots and over 25 remote locations our teams work around the clock to ensure a safe and reliable service is provided to our customers.
Embark on your 12-month placement with us whilst taking part in our fantastic intern development programme. We will create an individual training plan to help you develop the specific skills and knowledge required for your role. By the end of it, you will be set up with the best knowledge and hands-on experience to equip you for your professional career in Production Management.
Typical Daily Duties will include:
- Management of train maintenance requirements
- Planning of resources to support maintenance activities
- Planning of Materials to support train maintenance activities
- Communication of plans with internal and external stakeholders
- Management of safety topics
- Monitoring of the Production Key Performance Indicators to ensure targets are met
- Identification and Management of continuous improvement activities
We are looking for innovative and inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following:
- Studying towards a 2:2 or above in Mechanical, Electrical or Aerospace Engineering
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
What else do I need to know?
Alongside your role, theintern development programme will teach softer skills such as communication, teamwork, commercial awareness, digitilisation and innovation. We also offer plenty of opportunity to develop your career whilst offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
The start date for this role is 22nd July 2024.
We’re looking for passionate teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Rail Vehicle Maintenance. Apply now and join Europe’s leading engineering and technology company.
The total rewards' package for this role includes a salary of £21,255 per annum. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit your individual needs.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life.