Graduate Engineer 2021
This is a full-time Graduate development opportunity starting with SRM in our Birmingham Office to start in September 2021 – an early start may be discussed at interview
Why join us?
Across the country, you'll ﬁnd iconic landmarks built by Sir Robert McAlpine. Cornwall's Eden Project, the National Stadium in Wales, Birmingham's Bull Ring, London's Emirates Stadium.
By joining us now, you can play your part in delivering the next generation of outstanding projects that will continue our 150-year legacy. Our family-owned business is where to achieve more from your career by proudly building Britain's future heritage with us.
The Engineering Graduate role
As part of the project team, reporting to the Chief Engineer, you will be responsible for providing assistance and technical support, and implementing the design information on site.
You'll assist in coordination and management of sub-contractors whilst seeking out practical solutions and potential improvements in our process.
As part of joining us as a Graduate you will get to:
- Be on a 2-year structured Graduate development programme – involving gaining a recognised qualification, developing your skills through experiential learning, and gaining technical knowledge
- Have support in working towards chartered status
- Build up your experience on complex and high-profile projects
- Enable you to learn from some of the industry's most skilled professionals
- Allow you to tackle difficult challenges that stretch and strengthen your skills
- Receive a competitive salary and flexible benefits
- A degree or Masters qualification in Engineering or a related field
- Work experience, ideally in the discipline of interest (desirable)
- A passion for problem solving and ‘thinking outside the box'
- An interest to continue learning and developing yourself
- A full driving licence (desirable)
We're ready to invest in you and your future, and offer wide-ranging, performance-related progression opportunities. Our competitive rewards packages feature flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities.
We'd love you to join us in proudly building Britain's future heritage. Apply online now.
Sir Robert McAlpine is focused on being a truly inclusive employer.