Graduate Civil Engineer Development Programme 2022
Skanska is one the UK’s top construction companies. We are building, upgrading, and maintaining the country’s infrastructure for future generations. Drawing on our Scandinavian heritage, we are green, innovative and progressive. We bring together people and technology, as part of our objective to make construction a safer and more collaborative industry.
As a Graduate Civil Engineer, you will play an important role in working with Skanska to deliver complex rail, highway, utilities or building projects.
What you’ll do
- Plan and produce methodologies for mobilising and setting up sections of work
- Utilise surveying skills to set out details for construction
- Work with subcontractors to ensure the timely preparation and implementation of Risk Assessments & Method Statements, Inspection Test Plans, Permits & Consents
- Site coordination and logistical planning to enable works to be carried out safely
- Identify the needs for temporary works and completing temporary work designs working with the temporary works team
- Maintain a high standard of Quality Control and Quality Assurance records, including managing Non Conformance Reports and Early Warning Notices
- Produce accurate and detailed daily diaries for your work areas
- Work collaboratively with enabling teams, for example in Traffic Management, Earthworks, Utilities and Community Relations
- Complete environmental risk assessments for works and assist in managing works activities in an ecologically sensitive manner
Who you are
- Studying towards or having completed a Civil Engineering Degree accredited by the ICE
- Values driven, passionate about sustainability and building for a better society
- Enthusiastic to shape the future of construction with Skanska
What we offer
- Clear learning and development opportunities to build your knowledge, skills, and behaviours to prepare you for your career at Skanska
- Professional networks and mentoring to ensure success
- The opportunity to work towards membership of your chosen professional body
- Project management and leadership development mentoring
- Opportunities to volunteer at least one day per year
- Competitive benefits package
The graduate programme provides a pathway to develop a complete skill set, developing both technical and interpersonal skills. The programme includes interesting courses and on-the-job learning.
As part of the graduate programme, teams will embark on digitalisation and social value projects. These projects provide exposure to graduates and senior colleagues in the company and build a strong professional network whilst improving the business.