Graduate Construction Supervisor 2021
Our graduate programme will help you build on your degree and establish a career where you’ll have the freedom to learn, achieve your ambitions and leave your mark on the communities in which we work.
Skanska is one the UK’s top construction and development companies. We are building, upgrading and maintaining the country’s infrastructure for future generations. Drawing on our Scandinavian heritage, we are green, innovative and progressive. We bring together people and technology, as part of our objective to make construction a safer and more collaborative industry.
As a Graduate Construction Supervisor, you will join either our London, Bristol or Swindon based team where we deliver buildings that improve communities and enhance lives across the UK. The Building team’s award-winning public-sector projects include Bath Spa University, the Royal London Hospital and Bristol schools. In the private sector, our focus is on commercial and mixed-use buildings. Our expertise in London has created a portfolio that includes some of the capital’s iconic buildings, such as The Gherkin and Heron Tower.
At Skanska we believe in our Purpose, we build for a better society. Through our Values of care for life, commit to customers, be better – together and act ethically and transparently you will enable us to deliver our purpose.
What you’ll do
- Monitor and support the supervision of trade-contractors as well as the labour and material requirements for the contract
- Ensure our operatives are working to the latest programme of works, are signed up to the relevant method statements and check they understand what is required
- Be involved in quality and compliance
- Log and resolve any defects found and challenge current methodology by putting forward innovative ideas
Who you are
- Studying to degree level, or having completed a degree in a construction related subject that is accredited by the CIOB
- Values driven and passionate about sustainability
What we offer
- Professional networks and support groups to help you succeed
- The opportunity to work towards membership of your chosen professional body
- Project management and leadership development
- At least one volunteering day per year
- Competitive benefits package
- Clear learning and development opportunities to build your knowledge, skills and behaviours to prepare you for your career at Skanska
As part of the Graduate programme, you will have a clearly defined learning pathway to develop your technical and soft skills. You will build a strong professional network with exposure to our leaders and gain project management and technical skills for the future through completing a digitalisation project. You will also spend a week away completing a practical skills workshop to gain a wider understanding of the Construction industry.