UK Systematic Macro Summer Intern - 2022
This summer internship will last approximately ten (10) weeks, commencing at the beginning of June 2022, and concluding mid-August 2022. Interns will sit in our London office, and have the opportunity to work on various projects with Portfolio Managers, Research Analysts and/or other senior professionals throughout the firm. Interns can expect to complete the program having learned about SFM’s business and culture, built product/industry related knowledge, and begun to build a professional network.
The systematic macro quant team within the London office of SFM UK Management LLP is looking for a summer intern for June to August 2022. The team consists of 2 PMs who are responsible for researching, designing and implementing systematic strategies across all asset classes mainly through liquid futures and FX markets. Besides this, the team is involved in other projects relevant to the broader firm such as asset allocation, equity screening and building interactive tools for use of trading. The opportunity for a summer intern would be to get a deep insight into all steps of the investment process while working on specific applied projects requiring the use of advanced statistics and modelling.
- Enhance the backtesting framework and help with signal construction
- Data exploration, modelling and research to augment the investment process
- Liaise with other parts of the firm to create interactive tools leveraging existing signals
- Research and development in portfolio construction techniques
- Research and development of medium frequency strategies (holding period from 1-5 days)
- Min 2.1 degree from a STEM discipline (MSc or PHD highy desirable)
- A deep understanding of statistics/econometrics and an ability to apply these too real world problems
- Expert use of Matlab
- Strong interest in financial markets and statistical analysis
- Team player
- Past experience within a quant hedge fund or AM would be a plus
- Available full time from early June 2022 for 10 weeks
What we look for in applicants
- Interest in financial markets and financial processes
- Ability to multitask and complete projects in a timely manner
- High degree of attention to detail
- Intellectual curiosity and a desire to learn
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment
- Please specific if you have familiarity with financial modeling, SQL Databases, Bloomberg, VBA, Python, and R
In all respects, applicants needs to reflect the following SFM core values:
- Smart risk-taking
- Owner’s Mindset
Process and timelines
- Initial application (on-going)
- Phone interview with Bright Network (on-going)
- Shortlisting (by 9th April)
- Review and interview with Soros Fund Management
SFM encourages applicants from all backgrounds and life experiences as it is committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please note depending upon response, applications may close earlier than initially advertised so please apply early to avoid disappointment.