Research Scientist Summer Internship
We are looking for Research Scientist Interns to join our team of hard working scientists that share a common interest in Machine Learning, Machine Intelligence, User Behavioral Analytics, IR NLP and more broadly, AI. You will help develop and evaluate machine listening methods, demonstrate best practices in building new datasets powering the next generation of machine learning research and make sure that every user interaction with Spotify is outstanding through personalization and discovery.
What you’ll do
- You will apply your scientific knowledge to develop and evaluate machine listening methods, combining machine learning, signal processing, probabilistic modeling, and many other fields
- You will be a valued member of an autonomous, multi-functional team working in collaboration with other scientists, engineers, product managers, designers, user researchers, and analysts across Spotify to design creative solutions to challenging problems
- You’ll help to develop intelligent, efficient and intuitive new ways to search, explore and process music
Who you are
- You are pursuing a PhD Programme in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics or related areas with a strong computational focus
- You have publications in communities such as WWW, SIGIR, WSDM, RecSys, CHI, KDD, AAAI, ACL, NIPS, ICML, or related, in the following topics: recommendations, user understanding, large scale experimentation or (more broadly) machine learning
- You have strong coding skills in the following languages/libraries: Python, Numpy, TensorFlow, Scipy or Pandas
- You have experience in one or more of the following fields: Machine learning, signal processing, probabilistic modelling and network theory
The Intern experience
This is your chance to help craft the way the world listens, learn more about what we do, how we do it – and why that matters. We’re looking for enthusiastic students with a passion for audio experiences and an ambition to go far. This isn’t just any internship, you’ll make an impact and play a real part in the success of Spotify, All over one unforgettable summer!
If that’s you, tell us who you are, what you care about, and where you want to go.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.