Group Audit Internship London 2024
Group Internal Audit (GIA) is an independent function focussed on supporting the Standard Chartered Board and Executive Management team. We do this by helping protect the Bank's assets, reputation, and sustainability.
GIA represents the Bank’s third line of defence, we also provide independent assurance on the effectiveness of the management control of business activities (the first line), and the control of processes maintained by risk frameworks and policy owners (the second line).
About the Internship Programme
Our 10-week Internship Programme gives you the opportunity to gain first-hand experience working on real-world problems, hone your skills, create lasting relationships, gain insights, and discover your strengths. Throughout the programme, you'll acquire the skills for immediate success, as well as understand what's required for the future as our industry and your career evolve. A strong performance on the programme could lead to a graduate job offer.
What you’ll experience
- On-the-job training and an innovation project which exposes you to the inner workings of our business to provide real work experience.
- You’ll be paired with a buddy from the Graduate Programme, to set you up for success during your internship and provide insights into what could be your next role as a Graduate.
- High performing Interns will be considered for graduate roles
- We welcome students from all degree disciplines and encourage students from diverse backgrounds to apply.
- Applications are encouraged from team players with strong academic and extracurricular achievements, agile multi-taskers able to handle pressure, and analytical minds with strong numeracy and attention to detail.
- You need to be a penultimate year student, able to intern in June 2024* and start full-time employment in July 2025
- Have the permanent legal right to work in the country you’re applying to
*India internships start April.
- For UK and UAE, we consider candidates requiring visa sponsorship, but in the UAE, priority will be given to UAE nationals.
- If they are required to completed mandatory National or Military service after graduation, we will accept applications from final year students
- All Interns participating in the Internship Programme will be evaluated during the 10th week of their internship.
- Evaluations will be used in our final recruitment decisions for the Graduate Programme and other full-time roles, with an aim to provide an offer before the internship is completed.
About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion.
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do.
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well.
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others and work collectively to build for the long term.
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations.
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum.
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns.
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits.
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning.
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.