Treasury Intern 2024
Group Treasury is responsible for managing and deploying the Bank’s liquidity, funding, capital, and financial resources in line with regulatory requirements and the Bank’s risk appetite. We work commercially with our partners creating sustainable value by balancing the supply and demand of liquidity and capital.
About the Internship Programme
Our 10-week Internship Programme gives you the opportunity to gain first-hand experience working on real-world problems, hone your skills, create lasting relationships, gain insights, and discover your strengths. Throughout the programme, you'll acquire the skills for immediate success, as well as understand what's required for the future as our industry and your career evolve. A strong performance on the programme could lead to a graduate job offer.
What you’ll experience
Through this immersive programme, you'll learn about our Treasury department and the processes, people and roles. You’ll gain a thorough understanding of what a career within the Treasury team could look like.
- A one-day orientation introduces you to the Bank and the interns
- Four days of classroom instruction on our products, our business, and our bankers
- On-the-job training and technical seminars to support your learning
- Performance reviews and support of managers, mentors, and buddies
- Presentations by senior management (speaker series) and engagement with executive management
- Networking within the Treasury business function and across other divisions
- Engaging in community service
- We welcome students from all degree disciplines and encourage students from diverse backgrounds to apply.
- Applications are encouraged from team players with strong academic and extracurricular achievements, agile multi-taskers able to handle pressure, and analytical minds with strong numeracy and attention to detail.
- You need to be a penultimate year student, able to intern in June 2024* and start full-time employment in July 2025
- Have the permanent legal right to work in the country you’re applying to
*India internships start April.
- UK and UAE, we consider candidates requiring visa sponsorship. In the UAE, priority is given to UAE nationals
- US Graduate roles, we will not consider applicants seeking Optional Practical Training (OPT) or Curricular Practical Training (CPT) employment.
About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our colleagues, clients and communities. And we’re on a journey to be the world’s most sustainable and responsible bank.
We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion.
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off includes volunteering leave, maternity and parental leave for spouse/partner, compassionate leave, sabbatical leave, along with market competitive annual leave
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/earlycareers